Seller cannot post an item, I am unable to pay. (paypal won't allow). Seller will not cancel order.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with sellers that will not post to PO boxes. As that is my only means of receiving goods.

Sellers need to make this clear BEFORE a purchase is made. Secondly they need to respond to buyer communication promptly.

Apparently, I will end up with these items listed as unpaid against my account. Am I the only one having this problem?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Seller cannot post an item, I am unable to pay. (paypal won't allow). Seller will not cancel ord

I have just had the same thing happen to me.  I committed to buy an item. Read the description and delivery options - at no time did the seller mention they do not post to a private POSTAL BOX. Tried to pay and ops there is a problem.  I have emailed seller  three time no response.   I live in a bunch of townhouses and mail is easily lost or dropped at other homes - so I use a POSTAL BOX.  Never in the 10 + years have i come across this.  Have read other posts that EBAY will do nothing.... So close to leaving and using other sites for online shopping.... EBAY should ensure buyers clearly article 'conditions of sale'.  And if they don't we have every right to cancel especially if sellers will not sent to a PO Box.   just ridiculous.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Re: Seller cannot post an item, I am unable to pay. (paypal won't allow). Seller will not cancel ord

If a seller is using a courier they cannot deliver to a PO box.

Also a lot of overseas sellers will not deliver to PO boxes as they do not realise they are part of the Australia Post official delivery options.

If the seller has a list of postal restrictions have a look at the last item on the list....it will read that they do not post to PO boxes.  You just don't buy from these sellers if you cannot give them a street address.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

@snagglekat wrote:

EBAY should ensure buyers clearly article 'conditions of sale'.

Use the cart.

eBay won't let you buy an item if you have a PO box as your primary delivery address and the seller has indicated in their settings that they don't post to PO boxes.

Also, you can easily check if a seller doesn't post to them in the postage and payments tab - it will be listed under exclusions. 

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply