Seller does not have the item advertised and is unable to refund

I have recently bought an item. The seller alleges that he's made a mistake and does not have the item as he advertised. I have paid for the item. Now the seller alleges that he cannot refund or cancel the order, because it has only been a day since the transaction. what is the way out of this ? as a buyer i find myself with no options because ebay only allows any action to be taken if 90 days has been lapsed. where can i contact someone for help ?????

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Not sure where you got the info that Ebay only allows action after 90 days.

One option is to wait for the expected delivery date to pass and raise a Item not received case.

There may be other ways that some more knowledgable person will suggest

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

The seller can cancel the order but I think if it is cancelled because "not in stock" they get in trouble. Tell them to use reason "buyer request" or "issue with buyer's address". 

As to why you think you have to wait 90 days before you can ask for a refund. Are you saying the estimated delivery date(EDD) is 90 days away? If they don't sent it then you can submit an " item not received " (INR) case as soon as the EDD has passed.

Alternatively you could try livechat during business hours but they might not be able to do much so soon.

What are the seller' s feedack score like? Dodgy sellers usually have lots of negative feedback, meanining less than 98%. A lot of people on these boards avoid anyone less than 99%.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

As said

Where did you get this 90 days from?

You as the buyer have all the power and all the tools

You need to read the buying basics because whoever told you '90 days' is telling total and utter nonsense 

IF you do wait 90 days, you will be way out of time to do anything 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply