Seller failed to deliver.

Hi all, bid and won an item yesterday, fair and square, paid by Paypal, next thing I get a cancellation request from the seller, wanting to cancel, as I failed to pay by bank deposit. He does not have card facilities, he claims just bank deposit or nothing, yet when I confirmed the listing, Ebay has it that he does accept Paypal, but he I found he does not have a Paypal account, which by the rules he must have, or at least a card facility. So, I go in and check my Paypal payment, and yes, he doesn't have an account, as it was marked that the buyer hasn't claimed the payment. I realized this was going nowhere, so I just cancelled the payment within Paypal. He got what he wanted, for the sale to be cancelled, doing so, wasting my time. After the auction ended I got an abusive message from him about demanding bank deposit, not Paypal, and said he would just 'keep the item''. I asked why he wanted bank deposit only, was it that the item, a model train, was defective, even though he listed it as ''used, but new'', whatever that means. I told him that buyers like to have a bit of protection from seelers such as him, and bank deposit leaves us buyers out in the cold when things go belly up. Anyway, the best part to this little event is this: He had another listing to ''go off' later last night, I got straight in before that and put a torpedo right into his dashboard. The item had 12 bids on it and was sitting at $165, an hour before it was due to end. It ended with the same bidder and didn't get past the $165. The winning bidder was a low score buyer that has had many bid cancellations in the last 6 months. I feel much better about this wasted  time now lol

Message 1 of 100
Latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

Re: Seller failed to deliver.

He may well own the plastic ''toy like'' items in the auction that's recently finished, but I would bet big money that he does not have in his possession the NR Class locomotive, or any of the other locomotives for that matter. He cant even give a decent description of it, instead describing the toys first, then leaving the loco to last. Yes, he may as well give up, he hasn't completed a sale in the time he has been using this new ID. I would ask him why he keeps relisting the same items when they show the auction has ended with bids on them, but I have asked him too many difficult questions about the ''locos'' he is listing, so he has me blocked. I am heartbroken. lol

Message 91 of 100
Latest reply

I see there's a couple of new bidders on the only current listing he has, due to go off in a few hours. I hope they did their homework on him before they deposit anything in his bank account.

Message 92 of 100
Latest reply

I'm ashamed to admit I stopped watching his listings this past week - what happened with all the others?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 93 of 100
Latest reply

Relisted, relisted, the relisting goes on. No buyers got caught that I know of.

Message 94 of 100
Latest reply

His account has just been unregistered.

About time.

Message 95 of 100
Latest reply

Geez, took them long enough. Gave him plenty of time to try out his scam. I saw he didn't relist anything yesterday, so maybe he just gave up and closed his own account. I would have thought if it was closed by Ebay, it would have happened while he was listing, not after he ran out of ''screen shots''. Oh well, we will see where he pops his head up again. Pretty easy to spot his listing methods. lol

Message 96 of 100
Latest reply

It was closed by eBay.

Message 97 of 100
Latest reply

Definitely closed by eBay. If you close an account yourself, it takes 6 months since the last activity before it shows as being NARU. 

I hope none of the buyers actually paid.I guess we'll never know.

Message 98 of 100
Latest reply

Maybe that last ''auction'' he had going did suck someone in, and Ebay took more notice of them than me. Oh well, he's gone for now, that's the main thing.

Message 99 of 100
Latest reply

I suspect that having 2 accounts closed down wont deter him, and he'll be back. I wonder if he's still checking his bank account to see whether a $600 payment went in yet? 😄 😄 😄 

Message 100 of 100
Latest reply