Seller has 'Deregistered', My Tracking is not Working and Item Never Arrived Within Expected Dates

jacsm_8348
Community Member

I bought something overseas from a very reliable and trusted wholesaler on the 21st of August, the dates for it's expected arrival were the 10th of September (Tuesday) to the 19th of September (Today, Thursday) I live in Australia. Upon ordering the product the wholesaler was still a registered user, however on the 16th of September my purchase history showed that the item I had bought was removed from the wholesaler's inventory of products for sale. When opening their Ebay page I noticed in red next to their company name that they were not registered with Ebay any more. Looking at reviews that same day showed that people were not getting their products and tracking number updates just like me. I'd like to know if I was charged for this purchase and if I am still getting my product. I know I could'nt of been scammed because the wholesaler has thousands of positive reviews and little to no negatives until the 16th of this month.

Here is the page:https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/scale-model-kits-and-accessories?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Below a photo of my order:

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller has 'Deregistered', My Tracking is not Working and Item Never Arrived Within Expected Dates

@jacsm_8348,

The seller's feedback profile page shows their registration details:

They have been trading for fewer than three years, in the Ukraine (not a country that is overwhelmingly noted for producing "reliable and trusted wholesaler[s]"). Their feedback count is 2391, with a percentage of 99.5% (my minimum acceptable percentage for large volume sellers).

Their most recent feedback includes some negatives that point to a recent pattern:

Negative feedback ratingnever sent item, never responded to messages, avoid!

Negative feedback ratingNo item, no answer! Item never arrived, tracking does not work, seller is silent

Negative feedback ratingSeller sent a tracking number but never sent Item. Not a good experience.

Negative feedback ratingItem not send. Tracking number invalid. No answer to mesages. Money refunded

Negative feedback ratingStay away from this clown. Bad business dealings. Take your money and run

Negative feedback ratingNรฃo enviou o produto nem respondeu ao meu contato por email

Negative feedback ratingafter a month the item did not arrived. No response from seller

Negative feedback ratingItem never arrived. No refund yet. Seller not responding to messages.

Negative feedback ratingTracking never updated. Item never received. No answer from seller .

Negative feedback ratingNever recived the ordered model No answer on mails

Negative feedback ratingFaltando figuras

It is possible that this was a good seller who became ill, or died, or was imprisoned, or became caught up in events beyond his/her control.

However it may be, eBay have clearly shut down the seller as a result of the seller failing to meet particular seller standards. You should open a case to receive a full refund under eBay's MBG. You can do that through eBay's Report an item that hasn't arrived system; it's completely automatic and since there's been no tracking provided, you will win the dispute.

Just note that you will have to open the dispute, then wait for three days, and finally escalate it by asking eBay to step in.

However, since the seller's been deregistered, you may be able to bypass all of that waiting. I suggest that you contact eBay via eBay's "Have us call you" option. This is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated. Chats are not entirely useless, but they are manned by the lowest-ranking and lowest-paid CS reps who will merely reply from cut-and-paste scripts based on eBay policy - they don't have any discretionary authority. Phoning eBay is okay, but anecdotal evidence strongly suggests that the sort of CS reps manning the phone are not as high on the totem pole as the "Have us call you" reps.) You could explain to the rep, when he/she calls you, that you have noticed that your purchase of item number [xxxxx] has no activity on its tracking number (in fact, when I tried to track it, it says "This number can't be found at this moment. It's not available in the carrier's system yet. Please check back later."), and you just saw that the seller him/herself has been deregistered. Can the rep please open and escalate a case immediately to give you your refund, as clearly it would be pointless waiting for the seller to reply to the dispute as the seller is no longer a registered user...?

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

Weโ€™re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

By the way - thinking that you couldn't have been scammed because the "wholesaler has thousands of positive reviews and little to no negatives until the 16th of this month" doesn't really follow. Some buyers wait patiently for their item to arrive - until it's not only too late for an eBay dispute under the eBay MBG, but also too late to leave feedback. The positive feedback - or some of it - may have been given by accounts connected to the seller in some way (although to be fair, I don't see evidence of that in a cursory look). At any rate, if some of the negative feedback (and even some of the neutral feedback) consistently mentions no delivery or long delivery time, and the DSR for postage time is 4.7, I would be inclined to assume that there may some buyers who left it too late (more than 60 days post-purchase) to give feedback about non-arrival.

I'm a little puzzled about your calling the seller a wholesaler. The seller was selling on eBay as a business, and nothing about the seller suggests to me that retailers purchased from the seller with trade discounts being given. I note that the seller stated โfull product range from well-known manufacturers such as ACE, Amodel, Art Model, ICM, Master Box, MiniArt,Roden,Skif and many othersโž - and it may be that the seller was not an authorised reseller for these manufacturers.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@jacsm_8348,

The seller's feedback profile page shows their registration details:

They have been trading for fewer than three years, in the Ukraine (not a country that is overwhelmingly noted for producing "reliable and trusted wholesaler[s]"). Their feedback count is 2391, with a percentage of 99.5% (my minimum acceptable percentage for large volume sellers).

Their most recent feedback includes some negatives that point to a recent pattern:

Negative feedback ratingnever sent item, never responded to messages, avoid!

Negative feedback ratingNo item, no answer! Item never arrived, tracking does not work, seller is silent

Negative feedback ratingSeller sent a tracking number but never sent Item. Not a good experience.

Negative feedback ratingItem not send. Tracking number invalid. No answer to mesages. Money refunded

Negative feedback ratingStay away from this clown. Bad business dealings. Take your money and run

Negative feedback ratingNรฃo enviou o produto nem respondeu ao meu contato por email

Negative feedback ratingafter a month the item did not arrived. No response from seller

Negative feedback ratingItem never arrived. No refund yet. Seller not responding to messages.

Negative feedback ratingTracking never updated. Item never received. No answer from seller .

Negative feedback ratingNever recived the ordered model No answer on mails

Negative feedback ratingFaltando figuras

It is possible that this was a good seller who became ill, or died, or was imprisoned, or became caught up in events beyond his/her control.

However it may be, eBay have clearly shut down the seller as a result of the seller failing to meet particular seller standards. You should open a case to receive a full refund under eBay's MBG. You can do that through eBay's Report an item that hasn't arrived system; it's completely automatic and since there's been no tracking provided, you will win the dispute.

Just note that you will have to open the dispute, then wait for three days, and finally escalate it by asking eBay to step in.

However, since the seller's been deregistered, you may be able to bypass all of that waiting. I suggest that you contact eBay via eBay's "Have us call you" option. This is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated. Chats are not entirely useless, but they are manned by the lowest-ranking and lowest-paid CS reps who will merely reply from cut-and-paste scripts based on eBay policy - they don't have any discretionary authority. Phoning eBay is okay, but anecdotal evidence strongly suggests that the sort of CS reps manning the phone are not as high on the totem pole as the "Have us call you" reps.) You could explain to the rep, when he/she calls you, that you have noticed that your purchase of item number [xxxxx] has no activity on its tracking number (in fact, when I tried to track it, it says "This number can't be found at this moment. It's not available in the carrier's system yet. Please check back later."), and you just saw that the seller him/herself has been deregistered. Can the rep please open and escalate a case immediately to give you your refund, as clearly it would be pointless waiting for the seller to reply to the dispute as the seller is no longer a registered user...?

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

Weโ€™re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

By the way - thinking that you couldn't have been scammed because the "wholesaler has thousands of positive reviews and little to no negatives until the 16th of this month" doesn't really follow. Some buyers wait patiently for their item to arrive - until it's not only too late for an eBay dispute under the eBay MBG, but also too late to leave feedback. The positive feedback - or some of it - may have been given by accounts connected to the seller in some way (although to be fair, I don't see evidence of that in a cursory look). At any rate, if some of the negative feedback (and even some of the neutral feedback) consistently mentions no delivery or long delivery time, and the DSR for postage time is 4.7, I would be inclined to assume that there may some buyers who left it too late (more than 60 days post-purchase) to give feedback about non-arrival.

I'm a little puzzled about your calling the seller a wholesaler. The seller was selling on eBay as a business, and nothing about the seller suggests to me that retailers purchased from the seller with trade discounts being given. I note that the seller stated โfull product range from well-known manufacturers such as ACE, Amodel, Art Model, ICM, Master Box, MiniArt,Roden,Skif and many othersโž - and it may be that the seller was not an authorised reseller for these manufacturers.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Just a quick follow-up re the tracking number...

Click here (All-in-one package tracking) to see the status.

RB064628155UA

Not found

This number can't be found at this moment. It's not available in the carrier's system yet. Please check back later.

If I check on the carrier's official website, the tracking number returns the following information:

ะ”ะฐะฝั– ะฟั€ะพ ะฒั–ะดะฟั€ะฐะฒะปะตะฝะฝั ะทะฐ ะฝะพะผะตั€ะพะผ RB064628155UA ะฝะฐ ะดะฐะฝะธะน ั‡ะฐั ะฒั–ะดััƒั‚ะฝั–, ั‚ะพะผัƒ ั‰ะพ ะฝะต ะทะฐั€ะตั”ัั‚ั€ะพะฒะฐะฝั– ะฒ ัะธัั‚ะตะผั–.

(Shipment data for RB064628155UA is currently not available because it has not been registered.)

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks mate, I'll definitly look into doing what you've said about the MBG. Thanks for all the other information and advice as well!

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply