Tracking shows no scans

Hi all, purchased an item from a NSW Central Coast Business on 29th August. They didn't supply a tracking number until I asked two days ago, when the item failed to show up. It is only going to NSW Central West. When I try and track it with the supplied number, it says ''no scans available'' for the item. I would have thought that it should show at least one scan when the item was lodged into the Aust Post system, as mine normally say ''information recieved'' at least.  Then in the next day os so, it will say ''in transit''. To me, this item has not being sent in the first place, or something is seriously wrong in the postal system. Has anyone had this happen where a tracking number never gets scaanned between lodgement and delivery? Any help would be good.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Tracking shows no scans

Not necessarily, if it was put into a postbox.

Might show the first scan 3-4 days later.

And it's only 2 days after a weekend.

image host
Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

Tracking shows no scans

Sent on 29th August, and no scans since. I understand about the weekends, yes, but even with that taken into consideration, should have been scanned by now, one would think.

Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

Tracking shows no scans

As a buyer I never look at any tracking...it is after all for the protection of the seller.

I only keep an eye on the EDD & wait say a week for that to pass...we do have the eBay MBG to protect us.

Btw...howdy neighbour...I'm also in the Central West.

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

Tracking shows no scans

@audistarelectronics wrote:

Sent on 29th August, and no scans since. I understand about the weekends, yes, but even with that taken into consideration, should have been scanned by now, one would think.

You said you purchased the 29th and messaged seller 2 days ago.

If the seller had forgotten and didn't send until you contacted them was my reason for my response.

image host
Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

Tracking shows no scans

I recieved the usuall Ebay advice on the 29th that the item was ''on it's way'', in other words, it was ''supposed '' to have been sent on the 29th. I waited until a couple of days agoo, more than enough time for delivery. IMO.

Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

Tracking shows no scans

Open an INR then.

You have enough experience to know how the system works.

Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

Tracking shows no scans

@audistarelectronics wrote:

[...]

Has anyone had this happen where a tracking number never gets scaanned between lodgement and delivery? Any help would be good.

Yes.

I have both sent and received items where the only events scanned are "on board for delivery" and "delivered". It does happen.

What is the latest Estimated Delivery Date for your item? I wouldn't worry unless the latest date has passed, and even then the EDD may well have been unrealistic. But you'll know how and when and what in these sorts of cases... While I would probably wait a week or so beyond eBay's EDD, I know others may act more quickly.

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

Tracking shows no scans

Esiimated delivery date was the 5th August, well past. I will await todays mail and if it doesn't show up, I will request a refund. I have already told the seller this, with no reply. I also asked the seller if they were investigating the matter with Aust Post, also no reply. They did supply the so called tracking number quickly when I requested it a few days ago though. Beats me why it wasn't supplied when the item was marked as ''sent'', just like the majority of sellers do, including myself.

Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

Tracking shows no scans

I must repeat, this item has no valid scans showing on the system, no lodgement scan, and no movement scans at all.

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply