"PLANKTON" discount code!?

I bought a product that said if you type "PLANKTON" in the "Checkout" section it would give a discounr of $10.... I typed that code in but it never gave me the discount!!! I was charged the whole amount!?!?

I then went to buy another product... and it said that I could get $17 off if i typed in "PLANKTON" in the "checkout" section... I then realised that there is now a "Tick Box" for the discount but to my amazment it only showed $10 and not the $17 it promised!?!?!

So eBay ows me $17.00!!!!!    

$10 for the first purchase!

$ 7 for the lie in the second purchase!!

Could eBay please respond to me so we can rectify the issue!?

-----I have just checked my purchase history and ebay has not discounted the last purchase at all!?!?!?-----

PLEASE EXPLIAN EBAY!!!!!

Cheers.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay do not read here so they will not see your post 

Responders here are buyers and sellers exactly like yourself 

did the purchases meet all the required t&c of the PLANKTON discount in the fine print?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Don't know how you figured $17

1. โ€œDiscountโ€ means:
    • Spend $100 - $499 and save $10
    • Spend $500 - $999 and save $50
    • Spend $1000 or more and save $100

https://pages.ebay.com.au/Buyer_coupons/plankton/

Did you use the cart?

Always use the cart when applying codes to make sure they work.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Have you checked the T&C's

Code Plankton would never  =  $17  discount  as it is not percentage based.

The code  = 

$10  discount  on a $100 purchase

$50  discount  on  a $500 purchase

and

$100 discount on a $1000 purchase

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

If the discount applied in the cart / during checkout, double-check your PayPal payment (within your account). The full price of the item will show in the list of transactions, but if you view the full details it shows a breakdown of costs (eg I used the PLANKTON code earlier today, and just as an example, in my account it shows a $110 debit, but after expanding the list it shows $100 was funded by me, and $10 funded by eBay). 

Re: the tick box and the second purchase - only one discount code can be applied at a time, if it showed you a tick box, that meant the purchase qualified for multiple discount codes, and you have to select which one you want to apply (I had to do this with my purchase as well - the PLANKTON code gave the highest discount so I selected that). If you want to make multiple purchases with multiple discount codes, you need to check them out separately, I think.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

The trouble I have with this sort of post is I lost confidence in the buyer's account about 3/4 of the way down.

I am quite prepared to believe discount codes can give problems sometimes or that there may be ebay glitches.

But when someone comes on here to a general messageboard and is convinced they are talking straight into the ear of God (ebay), then I wonder if maybe they got confused with the terms/conditions of the discount code and how to apply it too. And I always have my doubts they will be back, I imagine them sitting at home, waiting for an ebay 'please explain' reply in their private messages. A reply that will never come.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

WOW! I had no idea that ebay does not read this forum. Its is my first post here and it will be my last with that type of warm welcome!!

You may not read on now for you may have lost interest.....but ebay did contact me -but not throiugh this channel- and its all sorted! 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Well, you did surprise me by finding your way back.

I wasn't welcoming you in my last post, or even talking to you as such, as I didn't expect you'd ever come back. I was talking to the others here, stating what is usually the pattern here.

Someone comes on, writing to ebay, basically. Gets several replies but is never seen again.probably never sees any of the replies.

I'm not saying that as a put down. I personally believe ebay could label the boards better so it is clearer to people that this is not a spot where you'll get official help from an ebay employee.

I'm not at all surprised you didn't get contacted via this channel, but I am glad you found your way through to the official ebay folk to get it sorted.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply