Seller refuses to add payment method so I have paid and money is in limbo.

Hey,

I ordered a camera lens from a seller today. A few hours later they messaged me telling me that they didn't agree with eBay's policies and didn't have a payment method attached to their account and that they wanted me to cancel the order and get a refund. 

At this stage it was already too late to cancel the order as it had already been paid. 
They then said the other option eBay had given to them was for me to mark the item as not arrived which it's estimated arrival date is 2 weeks away. 

The seller has some issue with adding their bank details to their account to get paid and won't do it, therefore won't send the lens. 

So currently I am out of pocket and won't be receiving the item I ordered and am going to have to wait over 2 weeks to have my money back. 

Is there a way I can get in contact with eBay to hurry this process along? I can provide them with the entire message conversation the seller has sent me. I can't seem to find a way to actually talk to someone at ebay and get this issue sorted. 

I just want to have my money back and not deal with this moronic seller. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Try live chat from the help page. Go to the help page, scroll down to "contact us" and go through all the options until a live chat window appears (during normal business hours).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

The seller is talking rubbish.

Buyers cannot cancel an order - but the seller is 100% able to do so AT ANY TIME.

It is irrelevant that it has been paid. All the seller has to do is go to the transaction and cancel and you will be refunded.

What is sounds like is that the seller has not yet signed up for the new Managed Payments system which has been in place for 2 years. Sellers are no longer paid by Paypal, instead funds are sent to their bank account. 

This seller should not be selling if he is not properly verified in the new system as he will never get any money. It will always stay as pending funds for him until he provides the required ID and bank account, so he will continue to have issues with every transaction.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Try live chat from the help page. Go to the help page, scroll down to "contact us" and go through all the options until a live chat window appears (during normal business hours).

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

The seller is talking rubbish.

Buyers cannot cancel an order - but the seller is 100% able to do so AT ANY TIME.

It is irrelevant that it has been paid. All the seller has to do is go to the transaction and cancel and you will be refunded.

What is sounds like is that the seller has not yet signed up for the new Managed Payments system which has been in place for 2 years. Sellers are no longer paid by Paypal, instead funds are sent to their bank account. 

This seller should not be selling if he is not properly verified in the new system as he will never get any money. It will always stay as pending funds for him until he provides the required ID and bank account, so he will continue to have issues with every transaction.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Apparently they keep saying that because they don't have a payment method set up, they can't process a refund. 

I managed to chat to an agent they've resolved the issue for me. Seller was an absolute nightmare to deal with. 

Thanks for everyone's help!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

This seller inconvenienced you no end, blatantly lied to you about being able to cancel, and yet you left them a positive feedback?

If they don't sort out their bank details, they'll never get paid by ebay.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

This seller inconvenienced you no end, blatantly lied to you about being able to cancel, and yet you left them a positive feedback?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't see any recent feedback left by the OP...

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply