Seller refusing to communicate!

So I bought an Xbox power supply from this seller. Before I bid I made absolutely certain that it was what I need. They sent a photo of everything that was included in the sale, it fit my needs, so I bought it. It arrived, a bit over a week after it was supposed to, but whatever. I go to connect it to the Xbox, only to discover that the seller has sent the wrong cord. Completely doesn't fit at all wrong cord.

I sent five messages over the course of 10 days asking if it was a mistake, and if so could he just send the correct cord etc. No response whatsoever.

Pretty peeved by this point, so I send a return request. I immediately get a message from eBay saying it's been accepted but, "*seller* let us know that they can't buy a return postage label for you to use for xbox 360 power supply 200W. The seller is still responsible for return postage costs, so contact them to arrange return postage."

I have now sent four messages asking how they would like to pay for the return postage, but once again I am being ignored! ebay are now also sending me reminders to send the item back or I won't be able to get my money refunded.

What am I supposed to do here?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long ranty question

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

As the seller is not responding you should send the power supply back with full tracking and Signed For.

Upload the details to ebay and tell them the seller has not paid for the reutrn postage.

They will take the money from the seller and give it to you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

As the seller is not responding you should send the power supply back with full tracking and Signed For.

Upload the details to ebay and tell them the seller has not paid for the reutrn postage.

They will take the money from the seller and give it to you.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you!
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Hello I just think you should beware of sending anything back as I have done this only to find it to went to a po box and the Ebay rules are you should recieve your money back 10 days after the seller gets the purchase back!!!!!! And the seller must sign???

Get this some Ebay sellers  are well entrenched in the rules get their items sent back to P.O box so how can they sign Hence how can you prove the seller has seen it ?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Why on earth would you send something SOD to a PO box?

It defies logic!

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Well if it were me I would not be sending anything back unless the seller pays for it first. The item is not as described it's on the seller to pay for it.

Going by these forums it's a risky business sending it back without a seller funded label.

How do you know the correct address to send it to? some sellers have a different address for returns.

How do you know the seller will just not pick up the item or refuse it? then it will be returned to the buyer.

Ring ebay and tell them seller is refusing to provide a label for the return postage.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I don't get you comment imastawka. sending SOD it just so the buyer has to sign for it once they pick it up from the post office.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I have always posted to PO BOX with signature required,it's the same as if it went to a street address,the buyer needs to sign for it before the post office hands it over to the buyer,it doesn't just get put into the box like normal mail.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Phone eBay....I had to do this recently and they said 'not' to return an item in the mail until the seller had paid for return postage.

Not commenting on your particular seller, but how do you know they will refund your postage?? this puts you further out of pocket for an item that is 'not as described'.

Unfortunately I have another similar case right now....wrong item shipped and seller stating correct size sent. Photos taken with a tape measure which proves I'm not telling porkies!

Good luck 😉

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
I don't get you comment imastawka. sending SOD it just so the buyer has to sign for it once they pick it up from the post office.

This I did not know............my apologies...........mea culpa

I don't send anything SOD, so I thought that sending to a PO box would be a no-no

blushing-smiley-emoticon.gif

walking backwards.gif

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply