Sellers not posting to PO Boxes

Why doesnt Ebay warn buyers a seller will not post to a PO box?

You only find out AFTER you have agreed to buy the item then you have to fight to get order cancelled.

The listing should clearly state that the seller doesnt post to PO Boxes as it is a term of the contract.

The present system where you only find out that the seller wont post to you after you buy the item is NOT user friendly at all and NOT full disclosure by Ebay.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

@4channel wrote:

Helpful info is still helpful and somewhere along the line stevbak's post will come in handy.

Really? How? It added absolutely nothing to the earlier discussion.

Message 21 of 49
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Helpful info is still helpful and somewhere along the line stevbak's post will come in handy.

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Really? How? It added absolutely nothing to the earlier discussion.

Well looking at the post below  I can see a point in what stevbak wrote.

@stevbak wrote:

oh well,,,"Simple",,,the sellers will loose a lot of Business ..."won't they" which makes "Bad Business",,There loss......

Some seller may realise that they are reducing their chances of making a sale when they exclude P.O. Boxes. I myself have seen an item I want and seller doesn't send to P.O. box because they use a particular mode of shipping. I move on to the seller that sends to a P.O. box.  Other buyers here have commented on this issue and have also said they use P.O. boxes due to theft by neighbours etc.

Message 22 of 49
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Some seller may realise that they are reducing their chances of making a sale when they exclude P.O. Boxes.

But they would have to not know that when they make the decision to exclude PO boxes, for that to come as a surprise when reading this thread.

The whole point of excluding PO boxes is to not get sales with PO boxes as the delivery address, and any seller who makes such a decision is likely to have done so knowing that some buyers can't / won't use an alternate address. When buyers say "well, you've lost my business then", most sellers are pretty much going, "ok, that was kinda the point, but go off". 

Message 23 of 49
Latest reply

No, what stevbak wrrote is correct and more to the point. Sorry.

Message 24 of 49
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

No, what stevbak wrrote is correct and more to the point. Sorry.

The post makes absolutely NO sense. Then again, most of yours don't either, so it makes sense that you would agree with it, and probably understand it.

And let me guess, in 5 years time, you'll be linking back to this post, to push some agenda you have at the time.

Message 25 of 49
Latest reply

Oh my dear *tippy*toes*. You're nice.

Message 26 of 49
Latest reply

@stevbak wrote:
oh well,,,"Simple",,,the sellers will loose a lot of Business ..."won't they" which makes "Bad Business",,There loss......

Message 27 of 49
Latest reply

Oh, aren't I though? Glad you noticed.

Blow Kiss Emoji GIF - BlowKiss Emoji Heart - Discover & Share GIFs

Message 28 of 49
Latest reply

There were two statements made here ; -

"oh well,,,"Simple",,,the sellers will loose a lot of Business ..."won't they" which makes "Bad Business",,There loss......"

and :-

"When buyers say "well, you've lost my business then", most sellers are pretty much going, "ok, that was kinda the point, but go off". "

I know which makes the most sense to me.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 29 of 49
Latest reply

There seems to be a misconception by buyers with PO Boxes as to how typical they are.

95% of my sales go to street addresses. If that's a general proportion for eBay customers, then sellers who don't post to PO Boxes would be losing very little business. And if they use couriers, they are losing no business.

Message 30 of 49
Latest reply