Sellers not posting to PO Boxes

Why doesnt Ebay warn buyers a seller will not post to a PO box?

You only find out AFTER you have agreed to buy the item then you have to fight to get order cancelled.

The listing should clearly state that the seller doesnt post to PO Boxes as it is a term of the contract.

The present system where you only find out that the seller wont post to you after you buy the item is NOT user friendly at all and NOT full disclosure by Ebay.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Sellers not posting to PO Boxes

@marsape.

What a charming contributor to the boards you are - with a massive fixation on getting (voluntary) feedback. original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 41 of 49
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Some seller may realise that they are reducing their chances of making a sale when they exclude P.O. Boxes. I myself have seen an item I want and seller doesn't send to P.O. box because they use a particular mode of shipping. I move on to the seller that sends to a P.O. box.  Other buyers here have commented on this issue and have also said they use P.O. boxes due to theft by neighbours etc.

Just an idea for anyone with only a PO Box address who may come looking in this thread. If a buyer has to use a PO Box and the only seller of a wanted item refuses sale on that basis, why not change address, temporarily, to the street address of the Post Office with a C/O? If there was a good relationship with the PO staff maybe a possibility to have the address include their name after the C/O.

No different to those buyers who want an item sent to another person as a gift.

Message 42 of 49
Latest reply

Yes I agree, eBay needs to look into this matter thoroughly, lots of people find out that seller's don't post to Post Office Boxes only after the Buyer agrees to purchase an item.

Message 43 of 49
Latest reply

@rod0209 wrote:

Yes I agree, eBay needs to look into this matter thoroughly, lots of people find out that seller's don't post to Post Office Boxes only after the Buyer agrees to purchase an item.

Try using Parcel Collect then. It still goes to the PO, you just need to go inside to collect it, rather than out of your box.

CHANNELING.....

stanley.jpg

Message 44 of 49
Latest reply

Lots of buyers don’t bother to read the bit under postage where it clearly states excludes PO Boxes

Or where is says 2018 on a complaint they are complaining on

How many courier companies have you contacted and complained to that they won’t deliver to P.O. Boxes, and what do you expect eBay to do on that front?

Message 45 of 49
Latest reply

So why can everyone else deliver to my PO box, but a particular seller wont?

Message 46 of 49
Latest reply

I think his issue is that if the transaction doesn't complete, the buyer is left with a ding on their account. HOWEVER, there are 3 options. Seller cancelled, Buyer didnt pay & Problem with Buyer's address.

The first two give a ding to the seller & buyer respectively but I dont know whether the last one dings the buyer. Does anyone know?

Message 47 of 49
Latest reply

Did you by any chance check to see the date this thread was started - I guess not, nearly 5 years ago.

These days for whatever reason many sellers use couriers to deliver their goods.  Couriers are not permitted to use PO boxes.

If you check the Posting section of a listing that will frequently tell you that things are coming by courier.

Message 48 of 49
Latest reply

pixie-six
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Due to the age of this thread and the information being outdated, we have closed the thread from further discussion. 

If you would like to continue this discussion, we encourage you to start a new thread! 

Thanks for keeping the community a safe and happy place for everyone! 

Community Moderator - @pixie-six  

Message 49 of 49
Latest reply