Sellers saying in Australia but from China

Hi everyone, I have made a few purchases the last few months from sellers that specify that they are in Australia and are using Australia post  delivery times, bought from them because I needed these items within a week, I have been lied to now so many times, have been waiting for one item now close to 3 weeks, I'm just so tired of these scammers, I will only leave negative feedback for them from now on, eBay really needs to punish these con artist, why are they getting away with it ? It's just such a turn off for buyers and deters people from shopping here. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Sellers saying in Australia but from China

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Ebay will do nothing about Chinese sellers.

I think you've been on ebay long enough to know the ropes.

Click on the seller's feedback number and find the country of registration before you buy.

Negative feedbacks should also warn you of items being posted from China.

Some Chinese sellers do have warehouses located in Australia, though.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I buy from China too all the time, my issue isn't with " Chinese sellers " my issue is with sellers not being truthful about their location and heavily marketing that they use Australia post/ advertising that I'll receive the item within a week, I do read feedback but we all know that not everyone is honest in the feedback as I have learnt the ropes very well, I have had the opposite service/ experience from others that have had left negative feedback, so it seems it's becoming more risky with all the dishonesty, it's actually is trending more now, the dishonesty with location, I've received items within a week from sellers registered in China but warehousing in Australia, so guess I'll just ask first next time as to what the actual postage time will be and not just trust automatically.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

This behaviour and other dishonest traits by seller's has diminished the popularity of eBay I agree.

My solution is for eBay to only allow Chinese sellers on the Chinese eBay site, not on any other eBay sites around the globe.

If buyers then want products from China they can visit that site.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Yes, some of them lie through their teeth.

If you need something within the week and the thing you buy has an ETA within the week, just open an item not received claim the day after it fails to arrive.Most of the stuff from China doesn't seem to have tracking and they certainly won't be able to show it as delivered so you should at least get your money back.

Not an ideal solution to the problem but better than nothing.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

its constant and you complain to ebay they make all the promises in the world and do nothing they have rules but as long as the money flows they dont care unless its to their advantage a buyer complained about a seller with 500 negitive feedbacks they still done nothing they need to have an aus seller badge that you have to meet proven requirements to achive.its sends multi millions of dollars offshore into china accounts which never gets to flow in our economy it is criminal then china uses our money to come and buy Australia 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply