Sellers saying they live in your country

xlisx
Community Member

I am sick to death of sellers saying that they live in your country (australia) When they are not. You have to click on their feedback and see what country they are a member in.

This should not be allowed as it is so time consuming and frustrating when looking to buy items.

Just one of the many examples is: seller saying it is australian stock and that they live in Sydney Australia. . But get this they also  live in Germany, US and GBP. When they are actually in China. I found this out by looking at their feedback and clicking on the item some other people had purchased from other countries.

SO WRONG AND MISSLEADING.

Alot of people would not realise this.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

imastawka
Honored Contributor

The seller doesn't have to live here (or Germany or wherever) as long

as the item location is here, then all is above board.

They may have a warehouse in Sydney (for instance) and ship the item from there.

Nothing wrong with that scenario

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@xlisx wrote:

Just one of the many examples is: seller saying it is australian stock and that they live in Sydney Australia. . But get this they also  live in Germany, US and GBP. When they are actually in China. I found this out by looking at their feedback and clicking on the item some other people had purchased from other countries.

Nobody lives in GBP....that is a currency, not a country.

If you are assuming that because the seller lists in a different currency they are also saying they live there then think again.

No matter where a seller lives they can list on the ebay site of any country and the listing will show in the currency of that site.  It has nothing to do with where the seller or the item is located.

It is quite common for Chinese sellers to list on many different ebay sites.  The listings will show in the currency of the country where the items are listed.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply