Selling stolen goods on Ebay

mrsmaker
Community Member

My son, Peter Baker purchased a custom made Go Fast Predator Surf from Michael Collins 12.1.17. The item was paid for on my Pay pal account. Peter contacted the manufacturer for decals and was told today by him that the ski had been stolen.What should I do?
Peter Baker

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Selling stolen goods on Ebay

I have tried again, and I've received the notice that there is no help for me.  (I've had the same words written wherever I've navigated to on the site.)

Thanks anyway.

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Just keep clicking every help option, even if it doesn't apply to your issue, until the phone option appears. It's too late now so try again in the morning. 

It's against forum policy to put the phone number in here, hence why no one has. Plus you need to get a one time code which we can't give you.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

mrsmaker, try this link - 

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1485

But may need to wait until tomorrow.

image host
Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

I just wanted to say that it is not just you. You're not having a problem finding an ebay contact number just because you're new or doing anything wrong.

Ebay in my opinion makes it extremely hard to find a contact phone number. They obviously don't want any one to ring so they make it hard to find. So hard that only a really determined person can find it.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

If you reasonably suspect that stolen property is being listed on eBay please contact local law enforcement immediately and ask them to contact eBay via our Law Enforcement page.
Reports about transactions outside of eBay may not be investigated by law enforcement, although your report will help the police to build up a picture of fraud activity. eBay will always assist in a criminal investigation received from law enforcement regarding activity on the eBay Inc. platforms.
If you request a law enforcement official to contact us, ask that he or she include information to identify the listing and any other information, including the case number and any item numbers or user IDs. This information appears on the listing page.
Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Thank you!

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Oh, that's such a relief!  I tried for hours to contact them.  My son and I are what I consider, receivers of stolen goods.  I needed help. There was no way I could find it.  I may be naive, but I didn't realise people sold stolen goods on Ebay.  What is most concerning to me is that Ebay doesn't want to know anything about it!

At the moment it looks as though my son will lose the surf ski, and the $120 he paid to have it transported; the good part is that the manufacturer, who custom made this ski for the customer, has offered to makie my son another at a reasonable price.

A story for future dinner parties!

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

THANK YOU!  I'm grateful for your help and relieved that there is a way to communicate withy Ebay that there is something wrong with the 'system'.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

Thank you.  I appreciate your help.  I will try this today.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

Wow!  What a difference.  Ebay can be contacted!! THANK YOU!

I wonder why that bottom of the page is not available to all?

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply