Shipping

minx_ie
Community Member

I bought a product from a seller on the 19th of August. They said it was posted on the 20th of August, but when I use the tracking number the provided to track my package on Aus Post, it says its being prepared. Nothing has changed for over 12 days and I'm not sure if I should be worried. The package was estimated to be delivered on the 31st of August - 1st of September, but I still haven't reviewed a package and it's the 1st. The seller also says that they have send with Couriers Please, but the tracking number is for Aus Post.  Should I be worried yet? 

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Shipping

I have purchased from a couple of big volume sellers and the status can show that the item is being prepared for shipment over a several day period. Having said that, it does seem to be taking a bit longer than expected to get an update.

Where was the seller REGISTERED? Or do you have the item number?

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Shipping

It says that the seller is registered in Victoria, which is why it is weird it is taking some long. It's a package that I needed very soon and it has been supposedly sitting at Aus Post for 13 days, which I doubt. Not sure what I should do.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Shipping

Why do you doubt?

Victoria, NSW and the ACT are in lockdown. Australia Post has over 500 staff off pending negative COVID test results.

Why would you consider a pandemic wouldn't impact delivery times? Are you aware that AP don't always scan everything? I have parcels from last year showing only 'initiated' in tracking, but I know they have been delivered. Even more showing 'in transit', ditto.

Today is only just the end of the window. Give it until at least this time next week.

As an aside, if you're buying time sensitive items in these times, maybe reevaluate your buying options.

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Shipping

If you go to the Aus Post website - at the top of the page there is a yellow block with a link to current situation  for deliveries - I think there is a massive backlog of packages on the east coast.

It's just possible that it's close to being delivered, but hasn't been scanned - sometimes it seems like it hasn't moved for days and days and then suddenly it's at the post office.

I find that contacting Aus Post with a polite, friendly message through their FB page has been very successful in the past. Do it tomorrow when support staff are back on duty.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

Shipping

Thank you. I wasn't really worried about Aus Post, more worried if it was scam or something from the seller. I'll take your advice and wait a little longer and see if it pops up

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Shipping

lynsh84
Community Member

I think I would be a bit worried when the seller says it was sent with Couriers Please but gives you an AP tracking number which appears to be invalid.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Shipping

Things are running a bit slowly at the moment so your parcel is probably going to arrive late. If the ETA was 31st Aug-1st Sept though, I think, if I have it right, that you have till about the end of this month to make an item not received claim.

So you don't have to rush it.

I realise you wanted the item quickly but there's not a thing you can do about that.

Keep checking the tracking but if nothing has arrived before the end of the month, then you'll need to open your ebay claim. Not yet though.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Shipping

I just google "it's being prepared", as that is what comes up on my tracking number, and apparently that means that the label has been created, but not sent? Would that be unusual for a seller to not send the package after almost 2 weeks? I'm just hoping that there is some issue and this isn't a scam ๐Ÿคž

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply