Sick of couriers!!! I have to catch a bus to pick up my item delivered to the neighbouring suburb!

I don't why all of a sudden all the sellers are starting to use company called "courier please", two of my items are send to a newagent in a neighbouring suburb! **bleep**?! I have to catch a bus to pick it up? 

All these hassle is uncalled for. What can I do? Take it up with the seller or the courier? Should I leave neg for the seller for choosing a courier instead of Auspost because it's wasting my time?

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sick of couriers!!! I have to catch a bus to pick up my item delivered to the neighbouring subur

I called up CourierPlease (not Hubbed, they simply ask you to contact Courierplease) the next day morning, they first wanted me to pick up from the newsagency, and I adamantly refused to do so and requested the items to be redeliveried to my address and leave it in the backyard, then the lady on the phone was like "okay we'll call you back".

Few hours later I got an email that basically requested the driver to redeliver the parcel to my address and leave it in the backyard. The item was redeliveried that day.

So overall it was pretty hassle free after you call you them up and tenaciously refuse to pick the item if it is not in a reasonable distance.

But I am still getting emails from Hubbed saying my parcel is still in the newagent and asking me to collected it. Obviously they have communication issues given that so many companies are involved in this delivery.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Sick of couriers!!! I have to catch a bus to pick up my item delivered to the neighbouring subur

ps. The two items in questions were bought from two different sellers but checkout together so that the total went over $100 so that I could get 10% off.

So I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

I had that happen a few weeks ago except that the items were going to a newsagent 3 suburbs away.

I got on the phone to the company first thing in the morning before they would have been able to leave it at the newsagent and made a terrible fuss.....I was houebound at the time and there was no way I could get outside my front gate let alone travel by public transport.

I buy online so items will be delivered to my home, not to go travelling to other suburbs to collect items.  It took a bit of a tantrum on my part but the parcel was finally redelivered to my home address and safe dropped as I asked.

It turned out later that I had spoken to the managing director in the first instance as the switchboard staff had not arrived when I first rang.  I wondered why the mention of his name seemed to make the operators very co-operative.

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

I would be ringing the company and asking to speak to a supervisor I would also remind them they are being paid to deliver it to your door not suburbs away to an unknown business where anyone could pick it up. I would not have gone and got it . I would have just called asking where the parcel is. 

If you live rural as I do then I can understand them not driving to your place though.

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

Harley, I don't live in a rural location....I am within sight of Sydney Airport.

If the company cannot deliver to an address their idea of safe dropping is to leave it at the nearest newsagent which is a member of a chain with which they are affiliated.  Too bad if it happens to be miles from where they are supposed to deliver.

To drive direct from my house to the newsagent where my parcel was to be delivered would have taken about 20-25 minutes and heaven knows how long by public transport...if there even was a public transport direct link.  To have picked up from the seller would have been just a few minutes more...but they did not allow pickup.

I have to say, after this experience I am beginning to think that Fastways have lost their label as Australia's Worst Courier by a country mile.

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

@lyndal

Who did you contact? 

There are four effin companies involved in this delivery. CourierPlease, Fastway, the card that they left on my door says ConnectParcels and the email I got is from a company called Hubbed.

I'm confused as.

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

Contact Hubbed as they are associated with couriers please and national newsagents and provide the services for the couriers and the newsagencies.

Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

The number on the card they left was supposedly for Couriers Please but it connected me to Hubbed.

It is the most convoluted and unnecessarily complicated delivery service I have ever heard of.

If I am ever aware that a seller is using this service I will cancel my purchase on the spot, even if it means a strike on my account.

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

I believe they are a brokerage.

Maybe OP can use the 10% discount and a portion of their 6 figure salary to catch a taxi a couple of suburbs? Surely wouldn't cost that much.

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

Dave, I don't care whether they are a brokerage or not....they are being paid to deliver to my home, not to a newsagent 3 suburbs away.

While I did not feel it necessary to run to the boards about the awful experience, in this instance I am in full agreement with kuromusha...the service is terrible and far outweighs the service from Fastways, which seems to have improved dramatically in the last few months as far as being able to contact them and arrange redelivery.

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply