Taking eBay to the small claims court (and a bit about eBay plus)

I'm wondering if I can get any advice on this issue I have.

I bought some computer speakers from the UK.

The speakers were not as described.

I contacted seller the seller wanted the speakers back and agreed to pay return postage cost.

I posted the item back and the seller just didnt pay for the retrun postage cost.

I asked ebay to step in and ebay agreed the refund me the return postage cost of $41.90.

This was about 6 months ago and ebay still havent refunded me the money.

At first they were telling me to just wait, now ebay are telling me they are not going to refund me.

I contacted CBS (Consumer Affairs) here in SA about the issue. They tell me they have tried to contact ebay but ebay are ignoring them. 

CBS advised me to go through the small claims court.

I'm just wondering if there's any advice the community can offer me?

Another thing I would like to know, has anyone else been flagrantly and outrightly abused by ebay's so-called premium service?

I have, surrounding this issue about the refund for the speakers. One represntative said to me; "Yeah, what are you going to do about it if we don't refund you?"  As if to say, we're taking your hard earned money and there's not a damned thing you can do about it. (I have the chat transcript btw.) I've been nothing but gentlemanly to eBay's staff btw, yet their staff are acting hostile.

I'm interested in the premium services for the discounts, but I'm not interested in being abused by the staff, I'm hoping to revert to the regular chat, I think this will minimize the chance of lashed out at by a representative.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

I think you made your point!!

Message 31 of 42
Latest reply

She did. What is yours?

Message 32 of 42
Latest reply

I think countess is right, it is always good to hear back about how an issue turned out. We often have people come in to talk about problems but only sometimes do they tell us the result or how ebay responded and that feedback can be useful information too. or at least, I find it helpful.

Message 33 of 42
Latest reply

Beware of this because i got a case that ebayprotected for alot of ite ilegal sale and because they protected that why i cant get money back through ebay. Beware

Message 34 of 42
Latest reply

You are posting your gibberish on the Australian boards on a thread that's nearly 4 years old.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 35 of 42
Latest reply

Hi Padi,  sounds like a case for judge judy.

Message 36 of 42
Latest reply

Beware if you do not use the tools you were given in the time limit, you are not protected 

That is what you ought to be alerting people to

Plus checking on who you are buying from by looking at their feedback before buying

And posting on the forum for you country

And, if a genuine concern, starting your own, or at least posting on a recent thread

Non of which you have done, so I doubt many people will take you seriously 

Message 37 of 42
Latest reply

braz-7992
Community Member

i am having the same problem on a much larger scale. i refund a buyer $410 and eBay says it was successful but he hasn't been refunded yet what should i do

Message 38 of 42
Latest reply

The money goes back to wherever he funded it from. It can take a few days.

Which has nothing to do with the subject of this FIVE year old thread.

Message 39 of 42
Latest reply

Why on earth don't the moderators push for auto closing of threads after, say 2 years ( 1 would be better but???)

Message 40 of 42
Latest reply