The $10 voucher code CMOB3 keeps coming up as invalid when I try to pay for my latest item

The $10 voucher code  CMOB3 keeps coming up as invalid when I try to pay for my latest item on paypal which I purchased from factorykiss-ozhttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140999714792?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649  using my mobile phone. Is this a scam???? red49ner

Message 1 of 168
Latest reply
167 REPLIES 167

The $10 voucher code CMOB3 keeps coming up as invalid when I try to pay for my latest item

bitspro
Community Member

Well, talked to online customer care (CC) and eBay told me three facts:

1. it is unable to use the coupon code at this moment because the issue has been forwarded to Technical team. I asked if I have an account has same registered email as paypal's. This is what cc told me.

2. we have to purchase by using eBay APPs during Sep. 4-10 2013. I asked why this term is not listed in terms and conditions. CC said its technical team's issue.

3. has to be invited. Customer care stated that looking into my account, not supposed to have the invitation. I told him/her the truth is I have a screen shot saved as evidence.

So if anyone is lucky enough to redeem your $10, please leave the message down below. 🙂

It is hard to say that eBay would give us compensations or even an apology

Message 31 of 168
Latest reply

Last week, A supervisor at eBay Customer Support told me that Live World currently controlled the discussion boards.

just sayin'

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 32 of 168
Latest reply

@crikey*mate wrote:

Last week, A supervisor at eBay Customer Support told me that Live World currently controlled the discussion boards.

just sayin'

Lololol trickey .....  I thought everyone, including ebay customer support, knew posters control the discussion boards ... the mods just don't realise we talk in special code through language & emoticon use as well as stage arguments as diversions to keep em looking elsewhere.

But on topic.... IMO the voucher offer is a fiasco ...

Message 33 of 168
Latest reply

*smirk*

My inbox suggests that the Mods see everything......

This voucher thing surely has to be an embarrassment and a suppository for all wisdom.....

*smirks again*

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 34 of 168
Latest reply

eBay have posted a "very helpful" announcement, which appears when you click on Customer Support (I haven't seen it anywhere else).

Due to a technical issue, some eBay customers may be experiencing issues with the ebay vouchers.  We are working to resolve this issue and apologize for any inconvenience.  Thank you.

unsure

Message 35 of 168
Latest reply

i got this problem also , very confuse with EBAY.Item number:121183097914

EBAY SHOULD ANSWER

Message 36 of 168
Latest reply

I fell for this too! ebay profits must be down to pull scams like this. I'll be reporting them to ACC for this, I suggest everyone else does the same! 🙂
Message 37 of 168
Latest reply

I just got off live-chat after my voucher failed. They said the technical team is working on resolving the problem and to try again in 24 hours. If it still doesn't work after 2 days, I have to contact them again and they will 'escalate' the problem.

Message 38 of 168
Latest reply

I hope so, my eBay seller is waiting for payment from me.....
Message 39 of 168
Latest reply

I hope ebay resolves the technical issue and honours the vouchers for everyone in this predicament.  This has the potential to tick some ebayers off, if the vouchers are not honoured, and lose ebay buyers. 

Message 40 of 168
Latest reply