The seller can easily cancel a deal with a ridiculous excuse ?

I got a deal, paid, seller accaepted, even says dispatched(2 hours later), after 4 hours, message comes to say deal cancelled by seller, reason is a wrong address, ridilulous! I bought many things on same address.

I just curious why the seller so easy to cancel it?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Sellers can cancel at any time. Just as buyers can refuse to pay.

Maybe 'I got a deal' might have been the trigger.

I'm not sure what your question actually is.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Quite often buyers addresses contain minor errors,  while it may be something like city name entered instead of suburb etc, the addresses are not compatible with automated label processing.  Sellers often spend considerable time rectifying mistakes and advising buyers to correct their details, and then sometimes we just cancel rather than wasting our time.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

@cxylq2005 wrote:

I got a deal, paid, seller accaepted, even says dispatched(2 hours later), after 4 hours, message comes to say deal cancelled by seller, reason is a wrong address, ridilulous! I bought many things on same address.

I just curious why the seller so easy to cancel it?

"Something wrong with the buyer's address" doesn't necessarily mean your address is wrong, it often means the seller can't ship to the address for one reason or another, using the shipping methods specified in the listing. They may have been in the process of creating a postage label and dispatching the order before they realised.

Best way to know for sure, though, is to just ask the seller what happened. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

We all know that more often than not that reason is used to avoid a defect after the item did not reach the seller's expectations.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

We all know that more often than not that reason is used to avoid a defect after the item did not reach the seller's expectations.

No, some people just assume for whatever reason - probably because the only time it gets talked about in the forum is when a buyer wants to throw a tantrum about not getting a bargain. ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ.

I've used this cancellation reason a few dozen times this year, and all my items are BIN so they all sold for the prices I wanted to sell them at. 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

No, some people just assume for whatever reason - probably because the only time it gets talked about in the forum is when a buyer wants to throw a tantrum about not getting a bargain. ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ.

I've used this cancellation reason a few dozen times this year, and all my items are BIN so they all sold for the prices I wanted to sell them at. 

You have cancelled a few dozen sales??? I do not understand. Why would you do that????

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Why should the seller be forced to send to an address they would not usually ship to as a favour to you?

Be it a PO Box, certain states due to quarantine regulations, etc etc

Like it or not, there are valid reasons for this to happen

Since you assume the worst of this seller why would you want to buy from them

Both sellers and BUYERS get away with โ€˜thingsโ€™

Buyers far more often 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

You have cancelled a few dozen sales??? I do not understand. Why would you do that????

Really?

Because I can't send to parcel locker / parcel collect addresses for $3 and the buyer can't / won't provide an alternative address, and doesn't want to pay $9 for a service that can actually go to a parcel locker.

Because I can't send to addresses where the address is actually wrong and I can't determine the correct address from what has been provided, like an entire line is missing (eg several times it's been missing a street number & name), and the buyer won't respond to enquiries.

Because the order needed to be changed in some way and the only way to do that was cancel it and start again.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply