There is no mention of the seller in PayPal anymore just a payment going to eBay. You can't even see

There is no mention of the seller in PayPal anymore just a payment going to eBay. You can't even see what I bought or from who.

What happens if I want to use PayPal to make a claim if the is a problem with the transaction.

there is no information about the transaction anymore.

can I change this....I want to send the payments instantly to the seller and not through eBay.

help please.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: There is no mention of the seller in PayPal anymore just a payment going to eBay. You can't even

I suspect your seller is on managed payments, whereby the payments go to eBay/Adyen and are then disbursed to the seller.

Given eBay's MBG is far more buyer-centric than Paypal it shouldn't be a problem unless you in the habit of opening disputes.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Re: There is no mention of the seller in PayPal anymore just a payment going to eBay. You can't even

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Eventually all ebay sellers will be on Managed Payments.

Even if you pay by paypal the payments will go to ebay rather than to the seller.

I have no idea how that will affect disputes.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I suspect your seller is on managed payments, whereby the payments go to eBay/Adyen and are then disbursed to the seller.

Given eBay's MBG is far more buyer-centric than Paypal it shouldn't be a problem unless you in the habit of opening disputes.

As a few buyers are finding the MBG do not offer the same protections as PAY PAL DOES for buyers eg SHIPPING COSTS.    PAY PAL covers these NO MATTER what the issue.    Where EBAY does NOT.  

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Even if you pay by paypal the payments will go to ebay rather than to the seller.

THIS is NOT the case we have ebay in writting telling us there a NUMBER of sellers that will NOT be going to MANAGED PAYMENTS in a number of selling areas these sellers will be staying with pay pal with NO repercussions to them.     Basically the sellers that fall in the GREY area of Managed PAYMENTS

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you for the information. I haven't been moved over to management payments as yet.

It will be interesting to see if I am one of the sellers not being affected.

I am quite happy plodding along with the system as it is !

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@the4masters2013 wrote:

Thank you for the information. I haven't been moved over to management payments as yet.

It will be interesting to see if I am one of the sellers not being affected.

I am quite happy plodding along with the system as it is !

Same here.

image host
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@silver-fox-bullion wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

THIS is NOT the case we have ebay in writting telling us there a NUMBER of sellers that will NOT be going to MANAGED PAYMENTS in a number of selling areas these sellers will be staying with pay pal with NO repercussions to them.     Basically the sellers that fall in the GREY area of Managed PAYMENTS

So once again their written word is a lie or are they simply meaning not all sellers will be moving to managed payments to start with but will by the end of 2021.tease.gif

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

They probably mean those selling items allowed at the moment but prohibited under Managed Payments, eg. coins and banknotes.

Until they're allowed, the sellers will probably be left on the current system and everyone else will eventually be transferred over.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:
They probably mean those selling items allowed at the moment but prohibited under Managed Payments, eg. coins and banknotes.

Until they're allowed, the sellers will probably be left on the current system and everyone else will eventually be transferred over.

Bingo these sellers will NOT be going to managed payments there a quite a few areas effected CAR PARTS is another to give another example.    These sellers will NOT be going to managed payments which is a good thing for the End user/buyer as the protections are greater under pay pal than MANAGED PAYMENTS.      Ebay are trying to make it hard as possible for pay pal and basically every other form of payment service to gave buyers/seller that second layer of protection that they enjoyed proir to manage payments 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply