This is a scam? I find the price very low. Seller is not communicating. Would you bought?

kedislav
Community Member

This is a scam? I find the price very low. Seller is not communicating. Would you bought? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-1080P-5000lumens-Android4-4-Full-HD-LED-Smart-Wifi-3D-Home-Theater-Pr...

Message 1 of 78
Latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

This is a scam? I find the price very low. Seller is not communicating. Would you bought?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

They've sold  57 in the last 24 hours!!!!!

I'd say the account has been hi-jacked.

I do hope you didn't buy one

Message 2 of 78
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The seller has an excellent record for selling toys.

I would also suggest it is a hijacked account.

Message 3 of 78
Latest reply

Check out the store - 3 items walking out the door - hundreds of 'em - all $19.99

All in the last 24 hours

Message 4 of 78
Latest reply

all the feedback...........lots from no longer a registered user. I would say the account hasn't been hijacked it's just a scam account
Message 5 of 78
Latest reply

Most definitely a scam. That seller has had scam items in the past. If you have a look at their feedback, most of the feedback is left by low feedback buyers who are now no longer registered. They create a lot of accounts so they can buy stuff from themselves to boost their feedback up enough whereby PayPal will no longer be holding their funds.

A good percentage of the 61 buyers are low or 0 feedback buyers. Scammers depend on these people buying from them because WHEN the item doesn't arrive, the low or 0 feedback buyer doesn't know they can open a dispute, so they don't get their money back. Therefore, the scammer gets to pocket 1000's of $$ of fraudulently gained money.

DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM. I can't stress that enough. DO NOT buy anything like this that is cheap from an Asian seller. They are ALL scams. The items don't exist. The seller will steal photos and specs to create the listing with the sole purpose of stealing money. You can report these listings using the report link at the right above the description.

Message 6 of 78
Latest reply

I noticed that you did in fact buy one. DO NOT PAY FOR IT. If you've already paid, make sure when the due date arrives that you put in an item not received dispute to get your money back. Don't think you will receive it because you won't. It doesn't matter what the seller promises, you won't get it.

As the old saying goes, if it looks too good to be true, then it is. Keep an eye on this seller because over the next few weeks you will see a lot of negative feedback start to appear.

Message 7 of 78
Latest reply

When I checked OP's purchases,  that sale wasn't showing.

But now I see it was purchased late last night

And now it's up to 65 in the last 24 hours!!

Message 8 of 78
Latest reply

All 3 listings have netted them over $4,000 in just 3 days

Message 9 of 78
Latest reply

I really hope the OP comes back to read the replies so they know they can get their money back. I'm surprised that it's actually listed in the correct category. At least that will make it easier for the OP to get a refund. I believe it was very hard to get a refund when they were listed in pocket bikes and the other automotive categories that don't have buyer protection.

I'm really sad for all those low feedback buyers. At least the OP came here to ask about it and will now hopefully know what to do. So many of the others won't.

I think I might move to China and become a scammer. They seem to really clean up!

Message 10 of 78
Latest reply