This new feedback field. Yes/No boxes for item delivery time.

This new field in feedback that asks you to tick YES or NO if an item arrived on or before a certain date, seems to be a bad idea.

I just left feedback for an item I received this morning & purposely did not tick either of those boxes, just to see what would happen. As I clicked the submit button I had the daunting thought that it would not allow the feeedback to be posted because I hadn't ticked one of those buttons. 

Thankfully it went through as normal. But now I'm thinking, because I didn't click either the YES or NO button, I hope that it doesn't affect my sellers' account in some way.

The reason I'm concerned about this is because I received an item last week that was delivered the day after eBays' last day in their estimated date range. According to this range, the item was supposed to be delivered last Thursday, but arrived on Friday. This was no fault of the seller, because the tracking showed it got held up at the Dandenong Mail Sorting Centre for an extra day. I gave them 5 stars by the way.

I didn't see this new yes/no delivery date field when leaving feedback for that seller, so it must have started some time after noon on Friday. Either that, or it isn't shown for tracked items, I don't know. I'm going to buy another item this week that I know will have tracking so I'll find out then I suppose.

What I don't like, is if an item is held up in the post & buyers automatically tick NO in that field, they could be going to harm their sellers' account through no fault of that seller. I wish eBay would stop putting obstacles in place for things that are out of the sellers control.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: This new feedback field. Yes/No boxes for item delivery time.

Well well ebay is now asking this question for any type of delivery,hello defects

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@kint888 wrote:

So far ebay has asked this question on items that I bought that were delivered without tracking,if you send with tracking the question doesn't come up.

I received a parcel this morning - with tracking.

I got asked the question in feedback - so that's wrong

I agree stawks.

I left multiple feedbacks over the weekend...some had tracking, some did not.   Most had the extra question.  There did not seem to be any particular pattern to which did and did not have it.

Most of my items arrived either on the last estimated date or well before it so no problem in answering honestly.

Of the ones that arrived after the last estimated date I checked the tracking for the date posted.  Only one was late being posted (8 days after payment).  All the others were posted the same or next day after payment so I just lied to ebay...it was hardly the seller's fault and really they were all delivered withing an acceptable timeframe as far as I was concerned.

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

i think is a trial with the intention to eventually do away with the 5 star DSR subjective rating. So it becomes an easy to measure pass/fail on part of buyer. Of course does not mean buyer is bound to be truthfull. They can still say no if they are being a grump, whether true or not.

i think they will roll out similar benchmarks for other rating too, instead of teh current DSR system.

So for now i don't think it will create defects (yet). love to hear if anyone experiences defects as a consequence

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

I have been very annoyed this week that I had to lie on that question a couple of times, that it was asked at all. A couple of items arrived a day late but certainly within a respectable time though. I wasn't going to risk good sellers getting defects for something they had no control over.

Latest reply

sellers from WA & QLD are stuffed then

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

@beryl_green wrote:

sellers from WA & QLD are stuffed then

Exactly. And considering the vagiaries of the postal system, less-than-professional AP delivery subcontractors, not to mention throwing international postal services into the mix...../shakes head.

Stupid idea. No surprises then.

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

@lane-ends wrote:

So for now i don't think it will create defects (yet). love to hear if anyone experiences defects as a consequence

I wouldn't be surprised if this is eventually another layer to get rid of smaller sellers. Perhaps the present defect stupidity isn't working well enough for them in that regard.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

maranock

have been very annoyed this week that I had to lie on that question a couple of times, that it was asked at all. A couple of items arrived a day late but certainly within a respectable time though. I wasn't going to risk good sellers getting defects for something they had no control over.

------------------------------------

This is the crux of the matter. It should not mean an automatic defect.

You might lie about this for some sellers because you understand the system but I think most buyers would assume it was just a factual question, maybe so ebay could get some idea if their estimates were in line with real life. They would have no idea there were any penalties if eg an item was a day or two later than estimated.

But more importantly, it doesn't mean a buyer would necessarily be unhappy.

Someone might mark it as not arriving at or before the estimated date because it came the day after. They are only marking it that way because it is factual, doesn't mean they were particularly worried.

If ebay really wanted to know, then they should ask buyers who mark no to clarify how many days over the estimate it took. Surely sellers should be given a week's leeway to allow for postal delays etc

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

If everyone lies and says their items arrived within ebay's time-frame, aren't we sending ebay the message that their time-frames are realistic, when in actual fact they aren't a lot of the time?  We'd be better to tick the No box all the time so that ebay gets the message that their time-frames aren't accurate. 

It's a pity we don't know whether saying no results in a defect for the seller, but if it's only a trial then I doubt it should - assuming ebay is logical, of course!  If we get a defect for it then surely it should be on the list of things we get defects for.  The only way to find out is for someone to tick the No box and then ask the seller did it result in a defect.

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

@englishrosegardens wrote:

The only way to find out is for someone to tick the No box and then ask the seller did it result in a defect.

I agree with all you say, but that's the problem, we just don't know.

I would be upset if I marked NO where AP were slow to deliver, but the seller was quick to post, & found out later it resulted in a defect for that seller.  

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply