UNPAID ITEM CASE IF I DON'T RESPOND? The auction only ended this morning! Can she do that?

a seller told me, If no response unpaid item case will be opened and strike will be on account, as these could have been re listed if messages were responded to. The auction only ended this morning! Can she really do that?UNPAI

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: UNPAID ITEM CASE IF I DON'T RESPOND? The auction only ended this morning! Can she do that?

If you havent paid after 4 days they can open a upi dispute

Ebay will then make contact with you

then you have upto 4 more days to pay

if you dont pay then Ebay will give you a strike 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Re: UNPAID ITEM CASE IF I DON'T RESPOND? The auction only ended this morning! Can she do that?

Yes, if you bid or buy then you should pay. If you don't then you cop a strike should the sellers choose to lodge an UID. Too many non payment strikes and your choice of sellers you wish to buy from will diminish greatly.

Oh and sellers can't Just relist. There is a process for a reason. When an item sells their are fees associated with it, to get those back a seller will open a UID.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I think maybe you have missed the question 

op is saying buyer received an email  couple of hours after auction finished with this warning.

the answer is NO... sellers like this is the reason buyers are turned off buying from eBay.

sure after 4 days it would be acceptable to send email with request for payment or non payment dispute will be opened. but its not acceptable for a seller to send this demand after a couple of hours after auction finished this is totally not acceptable at all.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

No I didn't miss the question. But I also I didn't take it as a demand, just a reminder that if it is not paid or contact is not paid it will be relisted and a strike issued.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

some sellers have this warning as part of their normal blurb

You are not being threartened . 

Just pay and ebay is your friend 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

roddos
Community Member

No, actually there is a designated time for them to open a case when their item hasn't been paid. I have the same situation before the only difference is I paid it directly to paypla and I asked a discount so we can't work it out on ebay. And I regret that I didn't report the seller for that. As it turned out the seller is fraud and I am still waiting for my money back. If they open a case against you, you should contact them. before paying. If you don't have any problem about the item you have won, you can just pay it. Always update your purchase to the seller after you pay. Most people here are frauds. Happy shopping.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

RODDOS - " Most people here are frauds" This is a wind-up isnt it, you cant possibly be serious.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Roddos, obviously a new buyer who has no idea how ebay works. You need to pay for your item BEFORE the seller opens a dispute. And when you buy from chinese sellers theres an even bigger risk of not getting what you paid for. Theres a thing called feedback that YOU as the BUYER need to look at before deciding on any purchase, not after then complaining.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply