Unable to paySeller

I can't believe no one has posted this problem on the Community Discussion Board . . . Thursday January 10th went to pay s seller and low & behold I can't . . . process came up with an 'error message' and it said to try later. Phoned eBay . . . technical error with payment sytem won't allo buyers to pay a seller with more than 3 items . . .eBay said they're trying to fix the problem and try again in 24 to 48 hours.

So, a global multimillion dollar corporation that makes billions of dollars can cause great inconveinence and stress at buyers expense, let alone the issue with sellers who aren't aware of this 'glitch' and may lodge 'Unpaid Item Disputes', and don't have the resources to fix the problem sooner???

Seems to be a one way street here that works for eBay . . . and on top of that there's no messaging service (real time) from eBay to advise either buyers or sellers to TELL them that theres a payment issue 'glitch' etc. . . so where's the "Customer Service" in this picture . . . there isn't any . . . it's BLANK! . . . and at my expense.

Went to request a call from eBay today (Friday January 11th) and the prompt message that came up posted a message that I've exceeded my limit of (1) call back from eBay in one day . . . I called them yesterday, I did not request a

'call back' yesterday and I can't get a call back today???? Go fiqure!!!!

It's no wonder that buyers & sellers are deserting eBay to the competition . . .eBay has failed in this instance to keep a customer happy with simple Customer Service action . . . and it's at NO BIG EXPENSE either . . .overheads are tax deductable in business . . ....which means more profit.

Happy trails . . .

Shatz52

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Unable to paySeller

Maybe someone will start the ball rolling on Facebook (Iโ€™m not on Facebook)

So you think you shouldn't have to put in any effort to resolve YOUR problem, then you want others to complain on YOUR behalf. Maybe YOU should start the ball rolling on Facebook, if you think that is the solution.

Message 31 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

And there are many more millions of gruntled ebayers out there.

You want the items, so therefore it behoves you to find the solution.

Ebay just doesn't give a hoot.

The tech team are not looking into it. 

They just read that off the screen to get rid of you.

You've been on the attack since post #3 with people who are just trying to find a solution.

So if you've finished whining at all of us, I think we're done here.

Message 32 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

App?  What app?  The only app I'm using is an age old 'tried & true' process of speaking to someone in 1st person mode - real time that has the authority in the decision making process to effect change, make change and give me change . . . I'll accept coins if that's all they have.

Message 33 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

Contact the seller. Get them to cancel all 43 purchases. Get them to list the 43 items, including appropriate postage, in a single listing. Purchase that. Pay for it. End of.

Message 34 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

Don't worry . . . I channel my aggravation into a positive force . . . like the movie . . . use the force Luke!

I am worked up and that's how change is effected . . . if you believe in something that should change for the better why not channel that belief to effect change? If it means having to wear aggravation then so be it . . . if you don't get worked up about something then you discount the possibility of something not being changed.

Enough is enough and like another movie (Network). . . "I'm mad as hell and I'm not taking it anymore"

Message 35 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

Thanks for the reply but youโ€™re wrong. I have and still do put in effort to resolve MY problem and I do NOT want OTHERS to complain on MY behalf. I want OTHERS to complain about their OWN problems and did NOT ask anyone to do that on my behalf.

The solution isnโ€™t me getting on Facebook. The solution is for ALL those affected by eBay problems that are already on Facebook to make the time to take the time to complain. The prompt was to ENCOURAGE others to do that for themselves and encourage others. There are millions of disgruntled eBayers out there.

If we all take different paths to effect change collectively then change WILL happen. Complacency isnโ€™t an option. My postings here are to encourage OTHERS that experience similar problems to do the same on eBay. Have you seen me ask anyone here to resolve my problems for me?

I choose not to be on Facebook for many reasons โ€“ 1 in particular is โ€˜privacy breachesโ€™ in addition to mistruth, misrepresentation, fake news and list goes on. Facebook has been guilty of all of them. I donโ€™t have to risk my luck by going down a Facebook path that poses significant risk . . . and when eBay gets sprung for doing the same thing then thatโ€™s the day I leave eBay.

I am pursuing OTHER avenues outside of eBay to effect change and I encourage others to do the same whether they complain to Consumer Affairs, A Current Affair, the Ombudsman etc, etc.

Donโ€™t be so quick to judge others by what they write, it leads to misunderstanding.

Cheers

Message 36 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

Thanks for the reply but youโ€™re wrong.

I have and still do put in effort to resolve MY problem and I do NOT want OTHERS to complain on MY behalf. I want OTHERS to complain about their OWN problems and did NOT ask anyone to do that on my behalf.

The solution isnโ€™t me getting on Facebook. The solution is for ALL those affected by eBay problems that are already on Facebook to make the time to take the time to complain. The prompt was to ENCOURAGE others to do that for themselves and encourage others. There are millions of disgruntled eBayers out there.

If we all take different paths to effect change collectively then change WILL happen. Complacency isnโ€™t an option. My postings here are to encourage OTHERS that experience similar problems to do the same on eBay. Have you seen me ask anyone here to resolve my problems for me?

I choose not to be on Facebook for many reasons โ€“ 1 in particular is โ€˜privacy breachesโ€™ in addition to mistruth, misrepresentation, fake news and list goes on. Facebook has been guilty of all of them. I donโ€™t have to risk my luck by going down a Facebook path that poses significant risk . . . and when eBay gets sprung for doing the same thing then thatโ€™s the day I leave eBay.

I am pursuing OTHER avenues outside of eBay to effect change and I encourage others to do the same whether they complain to Consumer Affairs, A Current Affair, the Ombudsman etc, etc.

Donโ€™t be so quick to judge others by what they write, it leads to misunderstanding.

Cheers

Message 37 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

@imastawka wrote:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Payments/FOUND-SOLUTION-Error-code-70245/td-p/25164026

Off topic Stawks, but did you see the part below in that link you provided ?  It would appear that ebay.com can lock old threads, yet ebay.com.au haven't been able to do it................................original.gif

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 38 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

@padi*0409 wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Payments/FOUND-SOLUTION-Error-code-70245/td-p/25164026

Off topic Stawks, but did you see the part below in that link you provided ?  It would appear that ebay.com can lock old threads, yet ebay.com.au haven't been able to do it................................original.gif

or just can't be bothered?

And no, I hadn't noticed that, thanks Padi   fencing.gif

edit:  even worse.........the thread was only 11 months old

Message 39 of 52
Latest reply

Unable to paySeller

Uh . . . Iโ€™m a bit confused. You provided the link originally

Thanks for the reply. Yes Iโ€™m aware of that. Appreciate the heads up about the link

Cheers

Message 40 of 52
Latest reply