Undersized percolator and toxic dust masks

I bought a percolator advertized as a 4 cup maker. It held less than a cup. It was not even enough for two shots which means that no amount of fact twisting could cause the term "4 cups" to mean anything. I gave negative feedback

The buyer has contacted me five times asking me to change the feedback and guilt tripping me about hurting his business. I have refused and written back using words like "ripped off" and I will not be taking the feedback back.

Before that I bought fifty paper dust masks which turned out to be sour from chemicals. That is the second time I have bought dust masks and had them be unusable and about the fifth time I have bought a toxic face covering. Some of you are not feeding  back honestly. If you get a toxic face covering give it bad feedback and do not give in to the whimpering of the buyer. I cannot do it alone. Several of these things got past me because I simply gave a good feedback when they arrived in good time and I couldnt change it when they turned out to be toxic.

Ebay could consider a Facebook feedback change key for us when we feel some item is crud after we have made our first impressions in feedback

I can buy a percolator that has the amount of coffee it holds included in the description and on the box maybe with a sticker because I can see if it will suit me but selling them with incorrect descriptions is illegal in Australia and could get the whole Ebay thing shaken up if it were to continue.

Did I cover that well enough?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

@weblightaustralia wrote:

I bought a percolator advertized as a 4 cup maker. It held less than a cup. It was not even enough for two shots which means that no amount of fact twisting could cause the term "4 cups" to mean anything. I gave negative feedback

The buyer has contacted me five times asking me to change the feedback and guilt tripping me about hurting his business. I have refused and written back using words like "ripped off" and I will not be taking the feedback back.

Before that I bought fifty paper dust masks which turned out to be sour from chemicals. That is the second time I have bought dust masks and had them be unusable and about the fifth time I have bought a toxic face covering. Some of you are not feeding  back honestly. If you get a toxic face covering give it bad feedback and do not give in to the whimpering of the buyer. I cannot do it alone. Several of these things got past me because I simply gave a good feedback when they arrived in good time and I couldnt change it when they turned out to be toxic.

Ebay could consider a Facebook feedback change key for us when we feel some item is crud after we have made our first impressions in feedback

I can buy a percolator that has the amount of coffee it holds included in the description and on the box maybe with a sticker because I can see if it will suit me but selling them with incorrect descriptions is illegal in Australia and could get the whole Ebay thing shaken up if it were to continue.

Did I cover that well enough?

I spent many years in the building trade and even though now retired from the industry, still buy face masks regularly including some last week. I always buy reputable brand, Australian standards approved,  face masks from B & M stores and I have never come across this problem.

Are you buying them from China ?. It is well known that the Chinese do not have the same quality control measures that Australian companies do and their products can be contaminated with chemicals and other nasties that could be bad for our health. If you have had this problem on several occasions the answer is simple. Spend a few dollars more and buy Australian Standards approved face masks from a reputable company and stay away from the cheap Chinese rubbish that may not do the job it was designed for and could be damaging to your health..

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Thanks mate. I ended up doing that. I bought masks that were supplied locally and were surgical masks. They are nice and comfy as well.

having said that we should still be buying the Chinese stuff. Trade is important is the obvious comment but also the toxic masks and things we know to avoid sit like traps for anyone who does npt know. They can poison someone or leave them without equipment when it is important. It is probably our responsibility to push the bad stuff off Ebay or at least warn casual users.

Probably an arrogant view but what can I say Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

The percolator you bought was listed (if you read the description) as an Espresso.

That means 4 cups of those teeny tiny cups - an espresso is 25 mls.

Same size as a shot glass of spirits.

Your neg was unwarranted.

But apart from that....you didn't notice the sellers 1147 negs for the past year?

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

The percolator you bought was listed (if you read the description) as an Espresso.

That means 4 cups of those teeny tiny cups - an espresso is 25 mls.

Same size as a shot glass of spirits.

Your neg was unwarranted.

But apart from that....you didn't notice the sellers 1147 negs for the past year?

I must admit that I would get caught if I bought something like that. It said espresso but it also said mocha/latte & I would expect them to be a bit bigger than 25mls.

I couldn't see anything in the present ads to indicate what size they considered a serve.

For the price though, I would not be expecting much, that would set my antenna quivering.

As for toxic masks-that is really concerning & I am with chameleon on this- stick to reliable aussie sellers.

I've bought some things from China & been very happy, but there are an awful lot of things I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

I don't care about trade-if it is very potentially unsafe or inferior quality, let the Chinese keep it. In fact ban anything unsafe. I call it consequences & it might cause them to raise the bar on some products.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Not all Chinese manufactured items are all cheap and nasty.

So you need to use your own common sense lol.

You'd be surprised at what is now manufactured in China because it's cheaper to make and not necessarily poor quality.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

Not all Chinese manufactured items are all cheap and nasty.

So you need to use your own common sense lol.

You'd be surprised at what is now manufactured in China because it's cheaper to make and not necessarily poor quality.

I agree. I have bought some things from China & been very happy with them-but there are others I would not touch-or not via ebay in any case.

That would include some electricals & a lot of those wedding & 'designer' frocks where the photos have been blatantly copied off the authentic websites. As you say, you do have to use some common sense & if an item is $2500 here then it's not likely you'll get a great version for $9.99, even if things are manufactured a bit cheaper in China!

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

If you get a toxic face covering give it bad feedback and do not give in to the whimpering of the buyer.

YOU are the buyer, so are you talking and whimpering to yourself or the SELLER ?

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

@foxette-in-sox wrote:

If you get a toxic face covering give it bad feedback and do not give in to the whimpering of the buyer.

YOU are the buyer, so are you talking and whimpering to yourself or the SELLER ?

Just a typo I would say, it's easy to put in the wrong word, I do it myself sometimes.

If someone sold me a toxic face covering, I wouldn't be changing feedback either.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Thanks, Short term memory blip from an accident. I either get used to being corrected or never speak. Sorry bout that

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply