Vetting out True Australian sellers.

i have a concern re Ebay Australia. So as to support Aussies and small businesses, I will vet Australia only advertisements. I then have to vet out items listed as Australia from those listed primarily from China. To be left with what i am looking for supplied and shipped from Australia with Australian Stock. I find i am consistently being deceived by sellers claiming to be in Sydney, wait 2 weeks shipping (should it actually ship) then call on seller toadvise of late delivery, only to receive a response from an ebay.com.HK address by seller. Then find when it finally does arrive find it to be drop shipped from China. How can i vet out and support true sellers in Australia? My trust in anyone advertising to be in Australia is becoming first Question i am asking and i will just boycott power sellers period as in the last 5 transactions this is exacty what is being done. Loosing faith in comunity standards and honest non deception ads. How do i sort this issue as reporting said sellers seams to be falling on deaf ears? What say you ebay??

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Vetting out True Australian sellers.

I find i am consistently being deceived by sellers claiming to be in Sydney, wait 2 weeks shipping (should it actually ship) then call on seller toadvise of late delivery, only to receive a response from an ebay.com.HK address by seller. 

First things first. You don't have to put up with this. If something is late, open an ebay claim for item not received. Don't communicate with the seller, just do it. Get a refund. This business of advising the seller is not going to get you anywhere.

Next, although you feel you are vetting the ads, you're going to have to up your game. It is an ongoing problem on ebay that plenty of ads are quite deceptive at first glance. You can't take them at face value.

I checked out some of your recently given feedback (negs/neutrals) and in every case, the sellers were clearly listed as registered in China. So what you need to do is when you look at an ad, click on the seller's name and feedback & look at the 'About' tab. Vital.

If a seller is registered in China, 3 guesses where their stock is coming from? And even if it is warehoused here, where is the profit going?

I am concerned about one feedback where you only gave a neutral but you said the unit emitted a strong burning smell. You also said it arrived late. Please don't buy electrical stuff on ebay at all and especially not from China. You say that if it gives trouble, you'll contact the seller. Good luck with that.  The item already came late, the chances of the seller doing anything if you do complain are buckley's and none. There's no warranty on these things, no matter what they claim.

But always check seller location, not just item location. Always.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

sandypebbles - how about a little less passive/aggressiveness and obnoxious patronising which seems a common theme in your "help".

If you can't be pleasant to people seeking help then don't bother responding. It should be easy for Ebay to help EBayers weed out the overseas sellers but they choose not to.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Nice that you have time to spend reading my replies and casting your personal opinion of them

If they hurt your feelings, don't read them

I will respond as appropriate, thank you

Not sure what authority you believe you have to instruct me not to respond 

Nor do I see any replies from you that provide helpful or factual replies 

All you have posted about is how for some reason, basic policies should'nt apply to you

and even those were years ago

It is very easy for buyers to look who they are buying from

Very easy

They choose not to

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@adam031055 wrote:

It should be is easy for Ebay to help EBayers  buyers to weed out the overseas sellers but they choose not to.

There, fixed it for ya........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@adam031055 wrote:

It should be easy for Ebay to help EBayers weed out the overseas sellers but they choose not to.

I agree with you 200%,  Ebay should be able to do that.

They should provide a feedback system,  where buyers can see how a seller performs,  and maybe to hit the overseas sellers make the EDD dates somewhere over 2 weeks, so that it is obvious they are overseas, and thirdly under the feedback tab let us know where they are registered.   What you  say!!  They already do that,  wow but if only buyers would look at those 3 simple things.

My better suggestion, as they already provide buyers the tools,  is to weed out buyers who insist on purchasing from sellers with bad feedback, long delivery times, etc.   What you say,  but would you be weeded out, yes I think you will.

Happy days.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply