WARNING: Fake Behringer U-CONTROL UCA222 2-channel USB Audio Recording Interfaces on eBay

This is a warning about fake Behringer U-CONTROL UCA222 2-channel USB Audio Recording Interfaces being sold on eBay.

I recently purchased this Behringer imitation producted from a Chinese seller who also intentionally mislead me into believing they are also a genuine Australian seller when in fact they are shipping directly from overseas. This unfortiunately represents well over 90% of these products being sold on eBay, so most are fakes and buyers need to be warned.

Fake Behringer U-CONTROL UCA222 2-channel USB Audio Recording Interface I was sold.

Fake Behringer UCA222 USB Audio Interface.jpg

These fake products are a counterfiet item made to look like a genuine Behringer U-CONTROL UCA222 2-channel USB Audio Recording Interface, but a much closer examination exposes all their flaws.

My first issue these fakes was the really bad crackling and popping sound as well as high latency issues these fake devices have even in just monitoring audio, let alone recording audio. So these cheap imitation devices seem to fail right from the start.

When you start to look more closely at these fake devices and compare them to genuine Behringer U-CONTROL UCA222 2-channel USB Audio Recording Interface, the differences really smack you squarely in the face.

See the differences in the front of these immitation Behringer devices:

Fake Behringer UCA222 USB Audio Interface (front).jpg

Genuine Behringer UCA222 USB Audio Interface (front).jpg

See the differences in the back of these immitation Behringer devices:

Fake Behringer UCA222 USB Audio Interface (back).jpg

Genuine Behringer UCA222 USB Audio Interface (back).jpg

You can also see this video here:

So buyer beware and buy at your own peril - you've been warned.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: WARNING: Fake Behringer U-CONTROL UCA222 2-channel USB Audio Recording Interfaces on eBay

@melody-moore wrote:

So buyer beware and buy at your own peril - you've been warned.

melody, I consider myself duly warned.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Re: WARNING: Fake Behringer U-CONTROL UCA222 2-channel USB Audio Recording Interfaces on eBay

If you put all those photos etc together yourself (and the video you certainly did by the looks of things) then you've done a great job. They are clear enough descritions to be on the Behringer site itself.

I hope you have opened an official 'item not as described' dispute so you can get your money back, that's your main priority. Those photos etc should help prove your case.

When it comes to expensive name brand items, I know there are quite a few fakes around on ebay. You are lucky your item was only about $23 by the looks of it. Some of the stings are for items worth hundreds.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

party list................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Now ther's a shock. LOL

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Hi, the photos of the fakes are my own. The photos of the genuine Behringer product are
reedits from another seller. and the video I came across when researching these fakes.

I was actually charged around $30 for it, but there are many of these fakes being sold up
around $59 the recommened retail price as well if you look at the search results for this
items. So it might be still very easy to be mislead and caught out in buying a counerfeit.

Yes,  I have opened a dispute and eBay have told me that they will issue the refund because
the seller has been very difficult to deal with. They lie and don't want to accept
any responsibility. They also constantly stall and make up excuses for late delivery etc., or
make claims this is a "very valuable item" that has to be returned before issues a refund.

The seller was also responsible for providing a return postage label as well, but they couldn't
do that for some reason. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact they are in China eh?

So when it comes to return they want you to also send it back to an address in China, but you
bought it in the belief that if there was a problem you could send it back to it's original location
in Australia, aand the difference in postage costs is also very considerable from well under $10
to any part of Australia to up around $30 to ship it back to China.

I'm just shocked that eBay has nothing to remove these rogues importing these knock-offs.
but I'm as equally disgusted in the fact they still let Chinese sellers get away with listing
items in Australia, then shipping them in bulk mail into Australia. They don't pay taxes here
and are also violating Australian import regulations regarding the importation of counterfeit
products, so this has to stop! It annoys me that  I'm having to go to so much trouble to resolve
issues and to have to leave so much negative feedback because of really bad sellers like this.

I really think eBay should be banning these sellers until they clean up their acts and hope this
post helps to stop a few more people getting burned by these rogues.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I'm glad you're getting the refund.

I agree with you, if a seller lists an item as being located in Australia, then that seller should be ordered to issue a postage label in the event of a return being needed.  It seems that's what happened to your seller & so it should have.

It should not be on for them to list a thing as located here but expect a return to some international location.

It's about time ebay made item location more transparent as there seem to be a lot of complaints coming in from people who have been mislead. Maybe it is something people can sometimes work out with investigation, but the info needs to be more upfront, visible.

I can see your point in that if an item sells on ebay for close to the RRP, buyers might assume it is genuine. A lot of the fakes I have seen have been for about quarter price with free postage (on very bulky, new items) which immediately raises a red flag to me.

I think the violation of import regulations is a major concern. I don't know about the product you bought but I have heard of some really unsafe electrical products slipping through & that's a worry. I'm happy to buy some items from China & have done so, but each time it has been totally upfront it is all from China & I've had no problems.

But there are some things I would never buy from China & electricals, expensive brand name products & knock off wedding frocks etc (not that I'd need the last at my age, but I saw them when daughters were getting married) rank right up there.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply