When will ebay stop overseas sellers listing their products as in Australia when they are based over

When will ebay stop overseas sellers listing their products as in Australia when they are based overseas,?? It is easy to check, click their feedback and then negative feed back and it shows, based in china,singapore,etc. If I can do it why can't ebay?? Totally undermining confidence in the intergraty of ebay listings and unbelievably frustrating.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: When will ebay stop overseas sellers listing their products as in Australia when they are based

Let's face it Eaby will never stop these Chinese scammers listing location of items falsly, they don't care as long as they get the money, Ebay buyer protection my foot, it is seller protection so Ebay protect their bottom line.!!! Just adopt a policy that you will not buy from a seller whose registration location doesn't tally with the item location.

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

Re: When will ebay stop overseas sellers listing their products as in Australia when they are based

@masterlay wrote:

Let's face it Eaby will never stop these Chinese scammers listing location of items falsly, they don't care as long as they get the money, Ebay buyer protection my foot, it is seller protection so Ebay protect their bottom line.!!! Just adopt a policy that you will not buy from a seller whose registration location doesn't tally with the item location.

That's what we told you a year ago.

Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

Hi, Same problem heree. Nopt the first time I buy from NSW based companies supposedly, but the items take forever to be dispatched.  One way to see if it delivered from overseas is the delivery time.  Anything 3 weeks as a purchase I just made definitely wouldn't be located in Australia. 

Ebay should wake up to these scammers. 

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

Ebay Oz can only report them to ebay China - who will do nothing.

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

I agree this is a problem. I'm stuck with wrong items, that the seller will not allow returned. I ordered an anglepoise lamp to test, then four more 3 days later. Meanwhile the seller changed listing to a gooseneck lamp using the exact same item number. Now wasting time and effort blathering on about partial refunds very politely, and will not say why. Emails are from china, though items sent within Aus,  but whoever sends is clearly uninterested in helping.

Order fullfillment companies/doddery relatives ?.

Next purchases I will be sure to leave neg feedback if seller id location is faked.

Shape up, ebay.

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

Looking at the feedback left for you in the last month all the sellers except one are registered in China/Hong Kong, and most of them (including the Aussie seller) have less than stellar feedback - a high-volume seller with less than 99.5% feedback should be treated with caution.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 37 of 37
Latest reply