Where do I go to report a seller who is lying about having sent an item?

I made a purchase on 20/7 the seller imeediatly uploaded tracking details. parcel was due to arrive 24-28 Jul.

The tracking details never changed. the parcel was never picked up by Australia Post.

I tried to contact the seller several times. all i got was an out of office response.

I finally opened a case and because it appeared the seller was doing the same thing to 200 other people I opened a paypal case as well.

Ive been requesting this order this be cancelled since the 7/8.  The seller responded (7/8/20) Through PayPal appologizing profusely and said another Item would be sent imediatly and that should the first item turn up I could keep it as spares.

Tough to believe that the first item was lost in the mail when auPost tracking said it hadnt been picked up from seller.

I informed the seller again that it was not an acceptable resolution and I wanted the order cancled.

I have contacted the seller again through Ebay requeting the order be cancelled twice more.

Today the seller responded telling me that they had a death in the family and they have been away up north, unfortunaetly the items didnt get sent before they left but it has been sent now.

coincidently the tracking hasnt changed and it still says it is waiting to be collected from the seller.

I am being lied to and suspect that has been the case from the start.

The problem is that this order is for cotton facemasks and it explicitly states that the item cant be returned.

Ive had to purchase elswhere and feel that I have not been unreasonalbe in asking for the order to be cancelled weeks ago.

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Where do I go to report a seller who is lying about having sent an item?

@jimmyjoejoe_jnr wrote:

The advice that you have given the OP is clearly wrong you cannot have two disputes open at once on the same item.I know this for a fact as was told by paypal.If the OP has done this they will not get a refund from either as it breaches the rules.I think you need to accept that you are wrong this time.

No mate you're wrong. I had a buyer open an ebay and paypal case. Reported it to ebay numerous times, they left it open, reported numerous times to paypal, they left that case open also. Ebay eventually closed their case about 3 weeks after I first reported it, paypal case was still open so buyer just continued their. Ebay closed the case AFTER I had been forced to provide a return shipping label. The buyer used that shipping label and added the tracking number to the paypal case.

Anyway, both cases will be closed? Absolutely not, not for me anyway. 

Message 41 of 54
Latest reply

oops continued there, not their 😊

Message 42 of 54
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

@jimmyjoejoe_jnr wrote:

The advice that you have given the OP is clearly wrong you cannot have two disputes open at once on the same item.I know this for a fact as was told by paypal.If the OP has done this they will not get a refund from either as it breaches the rules.I think you need to accept that you are wrong this time.

No mate you're wrong.

INCORRECT, dusty!

From eBay:

Buyers can't use more than one resolution method to get a refund. After selecting a resolution process (eBay Money Back Guarantee, PayPal Buyer Protection or requesting a chargeback from their payment provider) a buyer is required to use only that process to resolve the transaction issue.

If a buyer files a PayPal Buyer Protection dispute, the buyer can't open an eBay Money Back Guarantee request for the same transaction.

If a buyer files a chargeback, any requests opened through eBay Money Back Guarantee for the same transaction are immediately closed. "

From PayPal:

The current PayPal policy allows you to file a claim with PayPal after filing with eBay. If you file a claim with PayPal while an eBay claim is open, eBay will close your claim so can proceed with your new PayPal claim instead. "

The information you are providing is incorrect, dusty.  Please stick with the facts.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 43 of 54
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

@jimmyjoejoe_jnr wrote:

No mate you're wrong.

INCORRECT, dusty!

From eBay:

Buyers can't use more than one resolution method to get a refund. After selecting a resolution process (eBay Money Back Guarantee, PayPal Buyer Protection or requesting a chargeback from their payment provider) a buyer is required to use only that process to resolve the transaction issue.

If a buyer files a PayPal Buyer Protection dispute, the buyer can't open an eBay Money Back Guarantee request for the same transaction.

If a buyer files a chargeback, any requests opened through eBay Money Back Guarantee for the same transaction are immediately closed. "

From PayPal:

The current PayPal policy allows you to file a claim with PayPal after filing with eBay. If you file a claim with PayPal while an eBay claim is open, eBay will close your claim so can proceed with your new PayPal claim instead. "

The information you are providing is incorrect, dusty.  Please stick with the facts.

You must have missed my other reply sigh

Quoting myself>

"

I had a buyer open an ebay and paypal case. Reported it to ebay numerous times, they left it open, reported numerous times to paypal, they left that case open also. Ebay eventually closed their case about 3 weeks after I first reported it, paypal case was still open so buyer just continued their. Ebay closed the case AFTER I had been forced to provide a return shipping label. The buyer used that shipping label and added the tracking number to the paypal case.

Anyway, both cases will be closed? Absolutely not, not for me anyway."

I'm well aware of the policy. Be nice now. I'm off to put the kettle on. Fancy a cup?

Message 44 of 54
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

@jimmyjoejoe_jnr wrote:

No mate you're wrong.

INCORRECT, dusty!

From eBay:

From PayPal:

And

This is what I was specifically commenting on when I replied to tippy. Quoting from their comment, not mine 

"then the OP will not get their refund....you cannot open more than one dispute at the same time......they will both be closed and cannot be reopened."

THAT is what I was disputing based on my experience. So no I'm not incorrect

Message 45 of 54
Latest reply

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed. Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much. 🙂
Message 46 of 54
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

....you cannot open more than one dispute at the same time.....

You are incorrect and providing information contrary to both eBay and PayPal's policies, as has already been pointed out. Why you think you know better than their own respective policies is beyond me.

From eBay:

Buyers can't use more than one resolution method to get a refund... "

From PayPal:

" ...If you file a claim with PayPal while an eBay claim is open, eBay will close your claim so can proceed with your new PayPal claim instead. "

Message 47 of 54
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

You are incorrect and providing information contrary to both eBay and PayPal's policies, as has already been pointed out. Why you think you know better than their own respective policies is beyond me.

From eBay:

From PayPal:

" ...If you file a claim with PayPal while an eBay claim is open, eBay will close your claim so can proceed with your new PayPal claim instead. "

Yes that is their policy but as I said, that doesn't mean they will uphold that policy. Really, you need to move on

Message 48 of 54
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

@tazzieterror wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

From eBay:

From PayPal:

Yes that is their policy but as I said, that doesn't mean they will uphold that policy. Really, you need to move on

Given you've now replied 12 times within this topic to dispute other members and provide incorrect information going against policies from both companies, I'd suggest if anyone needs to move on it is yourself.

Message 49 of 54
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

@tazzieterror wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

From eBay:

From PayPal:

Given you've replied 12 times within this topic to dispute other members and provide incorrect information going against policies from both companies, I'd suggest if anyone needs to move on it is yourself.

Moving on now

Message 50 of 54
Latest reply