Why are you selling the poison Methomyl on your site? Someone in my area is using it to kill birds.

lmul1773
Community Member

Why is Ebay selling the poison METHOMYL on its site. Someone in my area is using it to kill native birds.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Why are you selling the poison Methomyl on your site? Someone in my area is using it to kill birds.

eBay does not sell anything...apart from advertising space.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Have you contacted the police or council? How do you know what the person is using? How do you know they bought it off eBay?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

It is a legal product and readily available.

I could probably walk into any supermarket and buy dozens of everyday items, that could be misused to poison wildlife.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Why are you blaming people here who have nothing to do with it?

Of course it is the easy thing to do but it is not going to help the birds or result in the scum doing it being caught

Have you reported it to the police?

To the council?

To WIRES?

Done anything at all?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@lmul1773 wrote:

Why is Ebay selling the poison METHOMYL on its site. Someone in my area is using it to kill native birds.

Are you sure it is being sold on ebay?  I could not find any listings for the product although there is no reason that it should not be sold as it is a legal insecticide.

How do you know it is being used to kill birds in your area.....it could be any one of many insecticides that kill wildlife.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

That is why I am wondering what actual steps the OP has taken to *do* anything about it

They 'know' the person bought it from eBay and they 'know' what it is being used for

Surely they must have reported it/made a complaint

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, it seems strange to me that the OP is so sure that a certain product is being sold on ebay and used in their area to kill birds.

How does he/she know this with such certainty?

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

There are all sorts of legal products available on ebay, hardware shops and supermarkets that can be misused to kill animals. There is one product that is perfectly safe for humans and readily available in health food shops ( and ebay ) that is deadly to dogs, even in very small doses of a few grams.

Like everything a bit of common sense is the best answer.. 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

But I like chocolate!

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply