Why aren't Discount Codes not being recognised ?

I have wanted to purchase a couple if itmes off Ebay using a discount code - when I place the article in the cart and go to apply the discount it will not accept it. This has happened multiple times - should I contact ACCC ?

Example 1 Petstock 20% POOLTIME code (apparently current) Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 1.31.57 pm.png

Example 2 TV Stand - I ended up purchasing and could not access discount

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 1.36.36 pm.png

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

That is really strange - I just tried it on exactly the same item, and again it applied without any problems. Smiley Frustrated

Just brainstorming possibilities - have you been able to apply codes successfully in the past, and / or in between these ones that haven't worked? Also, have you made any changes to your account, eg with primary postage addresses. Are you using a VPN?

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

@zenbooksoz wrote:

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 1.36.36 pm.png

But this one clearly says PINEAPPLE code ends 26/12

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

Sorry.  My bad.   Didn't read enough.

I blame the old brain boiling in the heat.

back pedalling.gif

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

jetsoms
Community Member

I realise that I'm resurrecting an old post here... But it was the first one that came up in google searches and I think this info might help others.

If the discount code doesn't want to work. Log out of eBay and checkout as a Guest. I've had to do this for the past 12 months or so and it works every time.

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Hi Thanks for that I'll give it go and see what happens cheers John

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply