Why can you not purchase an item under an Ebay Easter promo with the discount applied.

I just went to purchase and iphone 7 from CDT_au.  When trying to apply the easter 10% discount I get told that this promo is no longer current.  How can this not be current when it only started today

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Why can you not purchase an item under an Ebay Easter promo with the discount applied.

I don't know about this particular one, but some codes only last for a day, or even a few hours, occsionally even just 1 hour! Not very convenient with auctions of course...

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Well, yes, if you check here https://www.couponese.com/store/ebay.com.au/ it expired.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Just a guess, BUT - 

Often sellers using au in their name are Chinese and chances are you are trying to buy a fake phone.

No warranty and no help when it doesn't work properly.

image host
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I only see a promo for 20% and it's only selected sellers.

Did you read the T & C's?

Your seller may not be listed.

https://pages2.ebay.com.au/Buyer_coupons/phluffy?_trkparms=%26clkid%3D2790855770483724961

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I think the OP means P10EASTER.

EBay rarely says how long a code will work, so people are quick to buy.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Didn't see that one, sorry.

But they're usually only for Australian sellers.

Kopes might be right about it being a Chinese seller.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I was able to use it yesterday, but only for Australian sellers not OS ones.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

It certainly did not last long.....I saw it very late last night (round midnight from memory) but when I went to make a purchase this morning it was gone. 

It had to be the shortest offer I have ever seen.

I think ebay gets around it by saying the offer will be available while it can be seen on ebay.au and then they whip it off if too many people see it and use it.Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

If sales are as bad as people are complaining about, eBay's cut will also be down.

Ergo...

Mind you, if sales were as bad as people are always complaining about, eBay would have gone broke years ago.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply