I received an incorrect item and the seller demanded I close the complaint before he would post the

Is this a valid way to deal?

I've returned the incorrect item already.

Ross

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I received an incorrect item and the seller demanded I close the complaint before he would post the

I wouldn't close it until I received the correct item or a refund

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I wouldn't close it until I received the correct item or a refund

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

You need to go through the correct ebay procedure

Is the seller in China (as in, where are the registered?)

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Follow the ebay rules or you will come unstuck.

Open item not as described case.

Get the seller to send a post label with tracking and send the item back(DO NOT send at your own cost OR without tracking)

Once they recieve the incorrect item they can chose to refund or send the correct item. 

Dont close the case as you cant re-open it. If it goes pear shaped you will lose the item and your money.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Closed complaints cannot be reopened, so if something goes wrong you have no recourse. Don't close it until you are happy with the result.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Too late, Stickers.  OP says they've already returned it.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@ross_eventidewrote:

Is this a valid way to deal?

I've returned the incorrect item already.

Ross

No, it is not a valid way to deal, it is coercion and leaves you vulnerable to losing the lot.

If it happens again & you get an incorrect item from someone, don't put up with it if they try this sort of nonsense, the seller isn't in the position of power, you are.

Open an item not as described case, as the others have suggested. Don't go around posting things back till you have the official word on how to do it, probably with return postage labels supplied.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

As a seller, I will never send out a replacement when there is a case open, the risk to me is far too high.

However, I do not tell buyers to close cases etc, I just tell them that the only option I can provide is a refund, since that's all the request system provides for.

In other words, absolutely don't close the case, but I understand why the seller won't send the item with it open so be prepared for a refund instead.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

The seller provided a return post label and the correct item has arrived. I did close the complaint first, but it felt wrong. I feel this should be spelled out in policy. A complaint should be kept open until you receive what you pay for.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

You got lucky. VERY lucky. Never EVER close a dispute until you have resolution. Once it's closed it can never be reopened. Most of the time if you close it before resolution, you'll never hear from the seller again. They request you to close it so they can do a runner. A request doesn't need to be closed before anything can be done. Don't do it.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply