Why do some sellers wait until they receive feedback from the buyer before leaving their feedback

Why do some sellers wait until they receive feedback from the buyer before they leave their feedback about the buyer??

I Always pay as soon as a transaction is made, unless I'm waiting for another auction from the same seller to end, in which case I contact seller and let them know.

Many sellers give feedback as soon as sale is paid for, but I have noticed that some wait until I leave my feedback (when I've received the goods). Are they waiting to see if I'm going to leave neutral/ neg. feedback before they're prepared to give me positive for my fast transaction/payment??

Thankyou to the sellers who have the confidence to judge me on my performance.

Woman Happy

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Why do some sellers wait until they receive feedback from the buyer before leaving their feedbac

We adopt this same approach as you do. Last night we received a rude email from a 'man' demanding why we hadn't left him feedback, yet. We replied that we usually wait until the buyer has received his item and is happy etc etc ... and he wrote a nasty, negative feedback in return - accusing us of being "poor traders". He clearly had a hissy fit, late on a Friday night, and took it out on us. We used to leave feedback straightaway, then counted 87 buyers who hadn't bothered to return the respect. So...

Message 41 of 44
Latest reply

Re: Why do some sellers wait until they receive feedback from the buyer before leaving their feedbac

87 feedbacks for buyers who don't even bother to reciprocate? Would you keep doing it?  Then 2 buyers in just as many weeks attempting to say they never received their items ... yet Australia Post Investigations proved the items were delivered?  Of course, certain sellers wait until they receive feedback first as confirmation that the item has reached the buyer and all is well.  It's a respectful thing to do, by both parties. You have clearly been very lucky, so far. 

Message 42 of 44
Latest reply

So...

Why drag up an ELEVEN year old thread to add nothing relevant?

Message 43 of 44
Latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, we have locked it from further comment.

Feel free to start a new conversation.

Thanks everyone.

Message 44 of 44
Latest reply