Why does ebay lie to buyers about buyer protection when it is clear that buyers are NOT protected?

I have discovered recently, with dismay, that ebay protects sellers who refuse to honour transactions. You have NO buyer protection. It is a bald-faced LIE. I intend to go to PUBLIC forums, not this FAKE forum to raise awareness about this scam being perpetrated. Buyers are palmed-off with bull**bleep** reporting options designed to present a pretence that they punish sellers who refuse to provide items to paying purchasers. I am currently being made a victim by ebay who has advised a lying sneaky seller how to get out of an honest sale. The phone contact line is an even bigger con. The world needs to be informed on social-media and soon will be.
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Why does ebay lie to buyers about buyer protection when it is clear that buyers are NOT protecte

How did you pay the seller?

If it was bank dep you are advised there is NO protection for the buyer with that form of payment.

If you paid with paypal you are advised you have 45 days from payment date to dispute the purchase so if that is the case and you paid with paypal and it is not past the 45 days have you opened a dispute for you problem to get your money back?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Re: Why does ebay lie to buyers about buyer protection when it is clear that buyers are NOT protecte

If you purchase an item through the Aus site you have Paypal buyer protection, if you buy through another site that gives ebay buyer protection it applies if you use one of the accepted safe payment methods.

Ebay make it very clear that if you pay any other way such as bank deposit then you have no buyer protection, what would you expect ebay to do if you choose to ignore their warning?

As long as you use Paypal or a credit card you should have no problem getting your money back if you don't receive an item or what you receive is not as described and you follow the correct procedure.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

It should be called PayPal protection if you only get it by paying through PayPal.Also I just had someone say that they had to post the order one parcel at a time because of the size of order and Ebay's post was more than noted.Sent one parcel and never seen the rest & because i complained after the 45 days I had no comeback.Coming from another country should be allowed more time

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Hello, I was wondering if you could show me where it says that eBay offers buyer protection for goods sold on eBay.au.

Also, I was wondering if you could show me where eBay controls the postage prices/charges?

please

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

hi, i also am a  victim of chinese sellers, who do not send items that were paid for. and WILL not ,answer any of my emails to them,      i have written 6 times to no avail. i ordered stereo cords (3) 0n the 27/9/13 and was told in the add, they would not arrive until the 30/11/13.  so i waited.  went past the 45 days to complain to ebay !!. ( why complain at 6 weeks if you are told in advance that it will  take 8 weeks to arrive.?? )  it is now 11 weeks and still no cords, got in touch with ebay, only to be told there was nothing i could do about this, as i did not put in a complaint before the 45 days. my answer was." so they can get away with taking your money,and not sending the ordered items "??. answer, " yes ".  these people have 354 red marks against them in their feedback...looks like they can rip people off and get away with it ....   and frankly my dears, ebay don't give a **bleep**.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

You should always open disputes before the 45 day mark, I wait 30 days, and no more.

You can always cancel if your item arrives, or repay if the refund has come through.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Maybe you should have looked at the seller's feedback BEFORE you bought.

Every single time you purchase using Paypal you are notified that you have 45 days to complain if you have an issue. Paypal give you that notification because Paypal will not entertain disputes beyond that time.

If your seller is quoting 2 months postage, then they KNOW they will be getting INR disputes opened by buyers who know the rules.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@roughground wrote:

hi, i also am a  victim of chinese sellers, who do not send items that were paid for. and WILL not ,answer any of my emails to them,      i have written 6 times to no avail. i ordered stereo cords (3) 0n the 27/9/13 and was told in the add, they would not arrive until the 30/11/13.  so i waited.  went past the 45 days to complain to ebay !!. ( why complain at 6 weeks if you are told in advance that it will  take 8 weeks to arrive.?? )  it is now 11 weeks and still no cords, got in touch with ebay, only to be told there was nothing i could do about this, as i did not put in a complaint before the 45 days. my answer was." so they can get away with taking your money,and not sending the ordered items "??. answer, " yes ". in their feedback these people have 354 red marks against them ...looks like they can rip people off and get away with it ....   and frankly my dears, ebay don't give a **bleep**.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yet you still bought from them!

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply