Why does postage change from the search to the actual listing?

Hello all, 
I was wondering why it is when I am searching anything from over seas and whilst just in the search it will come up on the side "So much for listing and then put it in Australian dollars) but when I click on the actual listing the postage has totally changed yet the item cost hasn't. 
It happens in every single listing I am looking at. 

For example I am searching and it may say $10 postage and then list it underneath in Aus dollars and I think that's great so I click on the listing and the postage changes to say $16 with Aus dollars under it. 

I don't understand why this is happening? Even in my watch list it's the same. 

Anyone know why this is happening. Thanking you kindly 🙂

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Why does postage change from the search to the actual listing?

I can confirm that this, and excuse the term eBay, but your apparent unscrupulous/unconscionable behaviour in this regard is not only confined to your US listings as it also applies to those with a UK origin too !!

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

eBay do not read posts such as this

The thread is from 2014

You will find learning how things actually work far more useful than inventing nonsense 

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Well, whilst I grant you that my message today was as a reply to a posting thread from 2014, however, and most unfortunately, the original issue that was raised at that time is still very applicable today and yes, some 9 years later !! So, I was just venting my current frustration with a continuing eBay practice !!

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply