Why is it allowed that chinese set up an office here just to fool unsuspecting buyers

dljacko
Community Member

Why does Ebay permit sellers to lie to buyers by indicating that the item they are purchasing is actually located in Australia?  These asians are deceitful to the extreme just because they register an Australian  office address with Ebay they trade out of china and dupe us into believing that we are buying in Australia.  The last item took 21 days to arrive, and there is not enough space to tell them how I really feel.  

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Why is it allowed that chinese set up an office here just to fool unsuspecting buyers

Do you check feedback prior to purchase or where they are regisated.  That will frequently give you a clue.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Twenty one days from China when most of the world is in lockdown.....and you are complaining?

SHEESH.....that would be good when things are normal and they are certainly not normal at present.

Party list anyone?

Asian sellers don't register office addresses here....they have warehouses or use the services of logistics companies to store and dispatch their items.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

21 days is very very fast considering (you are well aware he hugse delays in the postal system WORLDWIDE) so as far as that goes, why are you complaining?

Secondly, you can thank the people who choose to buy from sellers registered in China who lie about the item being located here, those who have neg after neg for lying but buyers still keep supporting them

What did this seller's feedback say ?

Hard to dupe people who bother t read feedback before they buy something

(Fun fact, just because a seller *is* in Australia does not automatically mean they are a good seller

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

@dljacko wrote:

Why does Ebay permit sellers to lie to buyers by indicating that the item they are purchasing is actually located in Australia?  These asians are deceitful to the extreme just because they register an Australian  office address with Ebay they trade out of china and dupe us into believing that we are buying in Australia.  The last item took 21 days to arrive, and there is not enough space to tell them how I really feel.  

Lies about item location must be one of the most common things buyers complain about on ebay (going on posts to these boards at any rate).

I presume ebay must be well aware of it and I think you can report ads that break rules in any way.

But if your last purchase was listed as located in Aust, then the ETA must have been within about a 7-10 day time frame, I would have thought. Your best bet is if something is late, don't wait and wait. Give it a small window then open an item not received claim. I'd say by day 14 you could have opened it and most likely it would have all been settled and you with your money back before day 21.

Check the negative feedback before buying anything and if you see several people complaining about items being late etc, give the seller a miss.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

@dljacko wrote:

Lies about item location must be one of the most common things buyers complain about on ebay (going on posts to these boards at any rate).

I presume ebay must be well aware of it and I think you can report ads that break rules in any way.

But if your last purchase was listed as located in Aust, then the ETA must have been within about a 7-10 day time frame, I would have thought. Your best bet is if something is late, don't wait and wait. Give it a small window then open an item not received claim. I'd say by day 14 you could have opened it and most likely it would have all been settled and you with your money back before day 21.

Check the negative feedback before buying anything and if you see several people complaining about items being late etc, give the seller a miss.

Not at the moment. There are reports of items taking 3 weeks to cross a city.

I certainly wouldn't open an INR case until close to the deadline. It doesn't hurt to give the postage service a proper opportunity to deliver.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

If you can't SPOT a Chinese seller by now you need to wake up and learn.  'Cheap price + Fast delivery' does not exist, morso during a pandemic when 80% of aircraft are not flying.

Buy Local + Pay more = Fast delivery.  That's because Australia Post charge minimum $8.95 to post a parcel across this vast continent which will generally reach you in days, not weeks or months...

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

21 days? Geez, my buyer finally had their parcel delivered yesterday, 5 weeks after I sent it. That was regional NSW to metro SA. Yet, you're complaining about 21 days?

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@springyzone wrote:

@dljacko wrote:

Not at the moment. There are reports of items taking 3 weeks to cross a city.

I certainly wouldn't open an INR case until close to the deadline. It doesn't hurt to give the postage service a proper opportunity to deliver.

Not talking about aust items sold by sellers in Aust. Sure, give them a bit of lattitude.

But

If I found out after the fact that a seller had lied to me about item location & it was coming from China, not in Aust at all, I wouldn't give the seller one day's grace as far as ETA goes. They lie, too bad.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

21 days? Geez, my buyer finally had their parcel delivered yesterday, 5 weeks after I sent it. That was regional NSW to metro SA. Yet, you're complaining about 21 days?

I'm pretty sure I spotted your parcel en route last week, tippy - I snapped a pic...

Spoiler
mail.jpg

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply