Why is it allowed that chinese set up an office here just to fool unsuspecting buyers

dljacko
Community Member

Why does Ebay permit sellers to lie to buyers by indicating that the item they are purchasing is actually located in Australia?  These asians are deceitful to the extreme just because they register an Australian  office address with Ebay they trade out of china and dupe us into believing that we are buying in Australia.  The last item took 21 days to arrive, and there is not enough space to tell them how I really feel.  

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Why is it allowed that chinese set up an office here just to fool unsuspecting buyers

YAWN.................

We need a separate board category for this subject as posts on the issue are so repetituos

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Re: Why is it allowed that chinese set up an office here just to fool unsuspecting buyers

Like the postage delays due to COVID-19?

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

YAWN.................

We need a separate board category for this subject as posts on the issue are so repetituos

Here it is.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Spoiler
Screenshot_2020-05-10 SCREAM INTO THE VOID.jpg
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Spoiler
The answer I scream into the void every time someone asks me that, modified to comply with board policies Smiley LOL

why you askin all them questions.PNG
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

YAWN? really?

you think its OK for a seller to fraudulently claim an item is sent from Sydney when it is in China?

and that is OK for Ebay to seemingly have a policy of ignoring it once a complaint it made? ie not sanctioning the seller in any way. not removing the item. not banning the seller. not doing anything?

Nice.

BTW an item arrived from China 3 months after I ordered it. The package has Chinese post details on it, not Australia Post as they claimed. I reported it to ebay. They did not do a thing about it. The item is still on Ebay. Still says posted from Sydney.

Ebay sanction this fraudulent behaviour, meaning they are also being fraudulent.

BTW, just chatted to ebay:

me: if the item does not arrive after 3 days after estimated delivery (29th may), will you automatically offer a refund?

ebay: If you have not heard from the seller within that dates, you can contact us back on 4 June so we can step in.

me: the seller then tells you they send it from Sydney and they are not sure why I dont have it. then what happens?

ebay: if you will contact us on 4th June, we will process the refund for you and you will get it within 24-48 hours.

me: is that a guarantee?

ebay: Yes, that is a guarantee. Please use the payment method covered for the buyer proctection.

I'll take them up on this guarantee and we'll see what happens when I dont get the item on time...at least I have it in writing from Ebay.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

You need to address your complaint to ebay.cn, they are the ones that allow item location misrepresentation not ebay.au.

To be fair some Chinese sellers do have warehouses in Australia, whether they stock all their items here is another question.

Interesting to note that 50% of the sellers you've dealt with in the last year are registered in China - look at their feedback - also most responders here will advise against dealing with high-volume sellers with less than 99.5% feedback, all of your Chinese sellers are below that.................. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

We should make up a template with all our answers for next time to save us typing over and over again...
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply