Why wont sellers post item?

I have tried to buy a brush cutter 4 times now (once on my wife's buying site) but the seller or sellers have cancelled my purchase and refunded. They claim due to logistics? I assume that as I live in WA and they live in the eastern states I live too far and postage would cost extra to send? I have asked if it is extra but get no reply.

Asked eBay for help (can not find phone contact) online, they said to ask before you buy if they will post to WA. Altogether I have asked 15 sellers if they will post to WA only one replied saying we will let you know (they didn't) I am beginning to think that a lot of these sellers are one and the same?

eBay said the can not do this and they will be removed (they are not) and that I can leave neg feedback (I can not as they refunded).

I have 100% positive feedback 1000+, whats going on? how can I buy a brush cutter and how do sellers get away with this? And finally how can I speak to someone from eBay on the phone? 

Thanks to anyone who can help and enlighten me. Ron

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

You cannot speak to ebay on the phone, the call center has been shut for several months due to Covid

eBay have already told you what you need to do, they are not going to force sellers to send to you no matter how many times you contact them

I doubt 15 sellers are all the same seller, there may be some who have more than 1 seller ID (NOT against eBay rules)

ALL buyers only (people who have not sold anything) can only have 100% positive feedback, it is meaningless when that is all that can be left (as per eBay rules) 

Obviously not the answer you want, but there will be one person along shortly to tell you everything you want to hear

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Why not try other sites? There appear to be several based in your state selling brush cutters for various prices - and there'd be the additional benefit of definitely getting a guarantee.
Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Whereabouts in WA are you,  it could well be logistics issues, probably exceeds AP dimension requirements and requires  a courier service, delivery delays to  WA due to covid could also be a problem.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

eBay said the can not do this and they will be removed (they are not) and that I can leave neg feedback (I can not as they refunded).

You can leave feedback, as a transaction has taken place.

Go into purchase history and scroll to the bottom of the page to Cancelled items.

It/they will be there for you to leave feedback, if under 60 days since the purchase.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

hi, I am after a 52 cc model that has a good history going by reviews none of this model sold in WA 

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Hi I am in Bridgetown 6255 no trouble with other large items getting to me through Aust post or couriers. have had a large radiator and pole saw delivered no probs

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Hi, yes thanks, maybe the problem is due to when I left a bad review for masks I ordered (last March) that were a children's size but listed for adults, and that some of these sellers are in some way related? 

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

@karpartz wrote:

Hi, yes thanks, maybe the problem is due to when I left a bad review for masks I ordered (last March) that were a children's size but listed for adults, and that some of these sellers are in some way related? 

Maybe the problem is with Australia Post having a maximum length of 1.05 metres. I suspect your item exceeds that. I certainly wouldn't buy a whipper snipper or brush cutter that short.

You are 2 hours south of Perth. Maybe drive up to the local Bunnings there. Or ask padi for local B&M stores.

Better than blaming sellers who actually understand postage.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

No Bunnings here Dave, just Mitre 10 and a couple of stores that sell brush-cutters etc. Nearest Bunnings is Bunbury/Bussleton. I would only buy that sort of equipment if it was one of the big-name brands, Stihl, Husqvarna etc anyway - too many el cheapo Chinese copies around for my liking.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 24
Latest reply