Your item is on its way.

It looks like the item is on its way and should arrive by 07 May, 2020, I purchased this on the February 27th, after alot of back and forths, seller says to open case then and will refund me, I cannot open a case untill the 6th of May,  sick of the run around, any other recourse?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Your item is on its way.

@rhondainvic wrote:

It looks like the item is on its way and should arrive by 07 May, 2020, I purchased this on the February 27th, after alot of back and forths, seller says to open case then and will refund me, I cannot open a case untill the 6th of May,  sick of the run around, any other recourse?

You are not giving enough details to answer that. Where is the item coming from ? What is the item number ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Your item is on its way.

I have one purchase from China paid 23rd February and due May 7. I am patiently waiting for mine. It seems logical that you cannot open a case for an item in transit. Why would you want to? It is not the Seller's fault that the Coronavirus arrived. Surely you would not want a refund for an item than in all likelihood will eventually arrive? that would be very unfair to the Seller. In the event that my item does not arrive by almost 30 days after 7th May, then I would put in a claim for item not received, but not before.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Your item is on its way.

Thanks shoppingbag, Ok, so 3 months is acceptable? Is that what you're saying? when I have had other items delivered from China, between 3 and 4 weeks this is what I'm not understanding

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Your item is on its way.

@rhondainvic wrote:

Thanks shoppingbag, Ok, so 3 months is acceptable? Is that what you're saying? when I have had other items delivered from China, between 3 and 4 weeks this is what I'm not understanding

It depends just where in China they are coming from, and what route they are taking. Most of the things I have purchased from China BEFORE the Coronavirus, took around 2 months to arrive. Occasionally I was pleasantly surprised to get some sooner than this, as you have said in 3 or 4 weeks. If you can still get things in that time from anywhere, then you are very lucky. I have several items I am waiting on from China, and nothing seems to have moved, for months now. I am not worried, I think everything will sort itself out eventually. I have one item coming from Thailand, and the Seller has informed me that there is no Airmail leaving there at all at the moment, and she has asked me to wait, because there is talk of lifting this ban at the end of April, I am quite prepared to wait. Everyone needs to have patience and understanding that this is a very difficult time for everyone. I feel  very sorry for anyone trying to sell at this time and trying to get their orders delivered, only to be confronted by angry buyers because they cannot wave a magic want and make it all go away.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Your item is on its way.

Early February was Chinese new year, everything was shut down for a few weeks. Then the coronavirus peaked over there causing many other delays, including to the postage system. Then worldwide lockdowns started happening, resulting in delays here as well.

No one really knows yet what's normal for international deliveries right now, but there are multiple options if your item doesn't arrive, assuming you paid via PayPal.
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Your item is on its way.

@rhondainvic wrote:

It isn't shopping bag who said it is acceptable, it is ebay. They have asked you to wait till 6 May. They must have their reasons. Maybe they have proof it was lodged some time ago and are making allowances for delays in postal services. I am seeing messages on most other online sales sites about the very same thing-that companies are posting as usual but postal services may mean a delayed delivery window.

3 months normally would not be acceptable but these are not normal times. Pity you didn't buy from Australia really as it would have been here much quicker. Just go with the flow and if it doesn't arrive by 6 May or within a week or so of it, you can always open an item not received claim then.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Your item is on its way.

@shoppingbag* wrote:

I have one purchase from China paid 23rd February and due May 7. I am patiently waiting for mine. It seems logical that you cannot open a case for an item in transit. Why would you want to? It is not the Seller's fault that the Coronavirus arrived. Surely you would not want a refund for an item than in all likelihood will eventually arrive? that would be very unfair to the Seller. In the event that my item does not arrive by almost 30 days after 7th May, then I would put in a claim for item not received, but not before.

I'm thinking I have to exercise the same patience but you can't help wondering IF the parcel will turn up, not when.

My last tracking notice was the purchase had arrived in Australia - in Melbourne where I live - on 20 March.  That's the tracking from China.  (Another item from China only sat somewhere in Melbourne for just over 2 weeks before it finally moved on.  China tracking said it was on its way but no details.  I figured it had been handed over to Aust Post for delivery and sure enough it was, and I got it).

But the current in transit parcel has been 'in Melbourne' for over a month and I'm beginning to get a bit worried.  eBay's delivery guesitimate was 21 Apr, but we all know if nothing happens for a while that date will change.

Should I give up and put in a claim....or continue to hope?  BTW, there was no equivalent item available in Oz, hence the purchase from China.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Your item is on its way.

I have items purchased from China in Feb only now just starting to trickle in. There are freight ships sitting off the coast that are not able to dock yet and I am hoping that my parcels are on them and I will get them when they are allowed to come in. Yes, I have some parcels where tracking has showed being in Australia for a month, and I am only starting to get them too.

The wait is awful but we have no choice but to be patient. There is no way I am going to make waves with my Chinese suppliers over something they can't help when they are usually very reliable.

Since there has been some opening up of warehouse districs over there I have taken the risk of starting to purchase from China again even though I know that it is likely to still take longer than usual to get my stuff. Like you, there are things I need that can't be bought here.

Latest reply

Your item is on its way.

Thanks for the post.  You've given me hope! Heart

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply