an item won showed postage at $6.95 but the final payment due amount was with postage at $7.20

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: an item won showed postage at $6.95 but the final payment due amount was with postage at $7.20

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Postage went up on March 31st .

It was $6.95 when it was listed then $7.20 when the auction finished

Seller should have absorbed that one IMO

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Re: an item won showed postage at $6.95 but the final payment due amount was with postage at $7.20

If they use calculated postage they wouldn't have the chance. That is the poiint of calculated postage. The seller doesn't have to go through and change all their prices every time AP change them. It's done automagically.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I just bought a few cherry ripes for 49c each.

So, to be fair, someone only needs to save this 25c twice and they caould buy a chocolate bar.

Now I bet the mention of chocolate puts things into perspective

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Hit the nail on the head die hard  dim hurl  darn hello  whoever 

But I took the OP at face value and I thought they were more perplexed about

the inconsistency in postage than thinking about being ripped off for 25c

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

As YOU would.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@straybooksoz wrote:

If they use calculated postage they wouldn't have the chance. That is the poiint of calculated postage. The seller doesn't have to go through and change all their prices every time AP change them. It's done automagically.

Comes in handy then - every 4 years

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Actually AP increase their prices twice a year (usually around April and September)

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

As for postage, I only ever use the basic postage rate which has not

risen in 4 years -

'Australia Post has only increased the BPR three times over the past 22 years, with the last in 2010'

From the AP Website

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/increase-to-basic-postage-rate.html

My reality is, I don't send parcels, only letters,so as far as parcels  are concerned I don't give a flying **bleep**  how much the postage goes up or when

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Then probably no point commenting on a thread about parcels. Or calculated post (which has never been available for letters).

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply