eBay cheating and lying on refunds. BUYER BEWARE!

The seller sent a used item which had been falsely described as "New". The seller accepted my return. The seller could not send a return postage label. The seller asked for a copy of the return postage receipt in order to refund the return postage. eBay instructed me to return the item by tracked postage. I followed eBay's instructions, and paid for the reurn postage. The seller has receved the item, and refunded GBP15.00 to my Paypal Account. There is no other refund amounts.

The eBay "Return Request" page has removed some information, an now simply states that "This return is now completed The seller refunded GBP 25.77 to your original payment method in PayPal." That is a lie, and by following eBay's instructions,  I am considerably out of pocket for the balance of the original cost PLUS the entire return shipping cost. Contacting eBay by phone I was unable to resolve the issue. One operator passed me to another who has now passed me to a third.

Seems the moral of the story with eBay is that if the item is not as described, TOUGH LUCK!

Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@ajf160959 wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

...Depending on where your funding came from the refund will be returned to that account.  If it was a debit or credit card account it will take several days to show.

...The attached screenshot (now removed by the Moderators) actually showed that you received a Payment of GBP15.00...the amount that you stated you were going to receive as payment for the return postage.  You have this payment....now you need to find out what has happened to the Refund.

...This transaction shows that you had GBP25.77 refunded to your original payment method made up of the GBP10.00 item cost and the postage of GBP15.77.

lyndal1838 

I missed the screenshot. Have you hacked my account? I never stated that GBP15 was the amount I expected for the return postage. No transaction shows I ever received a refund of GBP25.77. That was simply a false statement made by eBay on  the "Retrn Request" page. You are distorting and making things up. You are the most unhelpful person I have ever come across. Please desist!

The first screenshot in your OP showed the PAYMENT from the seller of GBP15.00 for the return postage.  It was removed by a Moderator for privacy reasons.

Your post #7 has a screenshot showing the total REFUND for the item cost plus original postage which will go back to your original funding source, not to your paypal account.

Good luck with sorting it out with ebay....it is more a paypal problem along with you not understanding what funding source you used with your paypal payment.

Off topic, but for the record, I did not attach any screenshot whatsoever in my OP (Original Post). No screenshot has been removed from any of my  posts by anyone. The Moderator removed an attached screenshot from a post by lyndal1838. I didn't see the screenshot, but can only assume it was removed because lyndal1838 violated the rules again, perhaps by disclosing my personal information.

My post #7 has a screenshot showing the false statement by eBay which says "This return is now completed The seller refunded GBP 25.77 to your original payment method in PayPal." (emphasis added). The only refund that appears on my Paypal account is for an amount of GBP15. This tranaction is stated to be a "Refund" with status "Completed". My Credit Card Statement shows that funds for the equivalent of GBP15 in Australian dollars from the seller has been credited to the account.

For the benefit of lyndal1838 and others who may have been misinformed by lyndal1838's ignorance, all transactions processed by Paypal appear on the Paypal Activity Statement, regardess of the funding source.

Message 31 of 68
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

@ajf160959 wrote:

@padi*0409 wrote:

Since you believe the members here can't help you, your only option now is to do as I suggested in the 3rd post on this thread and sort it out yourself with eBay through a call-back from them. 

This thread was intended as a serious warning for others. I would never expect to find adequate answers on forums like this. I am following your advice but have not received a call-back. The offices are now closed.

download.jpg

Thats very useful and intelligent kopenhagen5.

:spew:

Message 32 of 68
Latest reply

Off topic, but for the record, I did not attach any screenshot whatsoever in my OP (Original Post). No screenshot has been removed from any of my  posts by anyone. The Moderator removed an attached screenshot from a post by lyndal1838. I didn't see the screenshot, but can only assume it was removed because lyndal1838 violated the rules again, perhaps by disclosing my personal information.

My post #7 has a screenshot showing the false statement by eBay which says "This return is now completed The seller refunded GBP 25.77 to your original payment method in PayPal." (mphasis added). The only refund that appears on my Paypal account is for an amount of GBP15. This tranaction is stated to be a "Refund" with status "Completed". My Credit Card Statement shows that funds for the equivalent of GBP15 in Australian dollars from the seller has been credited to the account.

For the benefit of lyndal1838 and others who may have been misinformed by lyndal1838's ignorance, all transactions processed by Paypal appear on the Paypal Activity Statement, regardess of the funding source.

You had a screenshot in the OP and in post #7.

The screenshot that was removed from my post is the one that you put up and I quoted in my post.

I did not and cannot hack your account and did not post anything giving your information.

Have you clicked on the original payment details in your paypal account?   This is where you will find the information that the refund has been actioned.  It will not show as a separate entry.....the payment and refund show on the same transaction and not a separate entry on the Paypal Activity Statement.

No-one has been misinformed by me and the only ignorance on show here is yours.

Message 33 of 68
Latest reply

@ajf160959 wrote:

My post #7 has a screenshot showing the false statement by eBay which says "This return is now completed The seller refunded GBP 25.77 to your original payment method in PayPal." (emphasis added). The only refund that appears on my Paypal account is for an amount of GBP15. This tranaction is stated to be a "Refund" with status "Completed". My Credit Card Statement shows that funds for the equivalent of GBP15 in Australian dollars from the seller has been credited to the account.

unimpressed

Most of this post is in poor taste, and it's a bit hard to convince a forum of something when there's plenty of people who read the opening post before it was moderated....not to mention there's a note at the top indicating it was moderated. Trying to discredit people like that just undermines your own credibility. 

And for the record, lyndal never said that PayPal transactions don't appear on the activity statment -what she has tried to make clear is that when a refund of a payment is processed, the actual money doesn't become a balance in your account if a credit card was used to fund that payment, it just goes straight back to the card. Same as if you returned an item to a store that was paid for with a CC. They don't give you a cash-in-hand refund, they reverse the charge.

Message 34 of 68
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:
The first screenshot in your OP showed the PAYMENT from the seller of GBP15.00 for the return postage.  It was removed by a Moderator for privacy reasons.

There was certainly no such screenshot. There is no page in existence that shows a "PAYMENT from the seller of GBP15.00 for the return postage" - not on Paypal, not on eBay, not on my Credit Card. There could not possibly be such a screenshot. The only person who has falsely asserted that the GBP15 Refund was for the return postage is lyndal1838, who I assume is an ill-informed employee of eBay, despite the denials.
The seller is obviously a crook, and has just informed me that he will not be refunding the full amount of the original postage, nor reimbursing me for the return postage.
Message 35 of 68
Latest reply

The only person who has falsely asserted that the GBP15 Refund was for the return postage is lyndal1838, who I assume is an ill-informed employee of eBay, despite the denials.
The seller is obviously a crook, and has just informed me that he will not be refunding the full amount of the original postage, nor reimbursing me for the return postage.

It was not a GBP15.00 refund....it was a PAYMENT from the seller and I assumed it was for the return postage because the REFUND was for the full $25.77 of the item cost plus original postage.

Could it be that the seller is not going to refund anything more because he has already refunded the original transaction and paid an amount for the return postage?

Message 36 of 68
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@ajf160959 wrote:

unimpressed

Most of this post is in poor taste, and it's a bit hard to convince a forum of something when there's plenty of people who read the opening post before it was moderated....not to mention there's a note at the top indicating it was moderated. Trying to discredit people like that just undermines your own credibility. 

And for the record, lyndal never said that PayPal transactions don't appear on the activity statment -what she has tried to make clear is that when a refund of a payment is processed, the actual money doesn't become a balance in your account if a credit card was used to fund that payment, it just goes straight back to the card. Same as if you returned an item to a store that was paid for with a CC. They don't give you a cash-in-hand refund, they reverse the charge.

Do we have a band of keyborad warriors, thugs and bullies polluting the forum, or all the same person using multiple accounts? Of course this thread has been seriously tarnished by the presence of the likes of @digital*ghost@lyndal1838 and kopenhagen5.

With a bit of luck, the portent of the thread will still be visible to anyone who may be concerned. Don't believe everything eBay claims, and don't always follow eBay's instructions. When eBay says "Send the Item Back", picture yourself flushing money down the toilet. You might get the occasional "floater" that can be retrieved, but is it worth the risk? And certainly don't believe anything said by the "experienced" members of this forum.

Message 37 of 68
Latest reply

Denigrating well-respected members who help others on the boards voluntarily, who are most certainly NOT eBay employees, is doing you no favours whatsoever. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 38 of 68
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

The only person who has falsely asserted that the GBP15 Refund was for the return postage is lyndal1838, who I assume is an ill-informed employee of eBay, despite the denials.

It was not a GBP15.00 refund....it was a PAYMENT from the seller and I assumed it was for the return postage because the REFUND was for the full $25.77 of the item cost plus original postage.

Could it be that the seller is not going to refund anything more because he has already refunded the original transaction and paid an amount for the return postage?

Ilyndal1838

I must repeat ad nauseum because you are persistently twisting the facts. What is your motive? (Apolgies to other readers.)

The refund of GBP 15 was a REFUND. It was NOT A PAYMENT. The word "REFUND" is the word used by Paypal. You falsely claim that there was a screenshot showing a PAYMENT of GBP15 for the return postage. THERE CERTAINLY WAS NOT!

I cannot fathom the reason why you and your band would want to persistently make such a false assertion... Except perhaps you have been instructed by the owners of the forum, namely eBay to denigrate me and this entire thread, in which case, I have little chance of getting the warning through to others because you seem quite good at deliberately distorting the facts, but I'll try.

Message 39 of 68
Latest reply

@ajf160959 wrote:

Do we have a band of keyborad warriors, thugs and bullies polluting the forum, or all the same person using multiple accounts? Of course this thread has been seriously tarnished by the presence of the likes of @digital*ghost@lyndal1838 and kopenhagen5.

I don't know.... Do we?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How about, instead of trotting out a boring, old and so very tired tactic (ad hominen attacks - these never make anyone who uses them look any better, they just make them look like they have no substantial or intelligent argument), you substantiate this allusion and tell me exactly what I have done or said that qualifies me as a 'keyboard warrior, thug or bully'.

You're welcome to assume I'm an idiot and can't comprehend big words when you attempt to make this explanation. 🙂

TIA

Message 40 of 68
Latest reply