ebay plus promo

*chrizz
Community Member

Hi, just to clarify, because we have to pay the yearly ebay plus membership which costs $49, and we get a $49 coupon during the promo period, this essentially means that we get ebay plus for free?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

ebay plus promo

No idea, I don't use it.

If that's what they said, that's likely what they mean.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

ebay plus promo

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I would ask ebay before assuming anything.

If you are being offered a $49 voucher when you renew your Plus membership it usually means you have to pay for the membership and then you get the voucher code to use in the future.  It does not mean you don't actually pay for the membership.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

ebay plus promo

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I would ask ebay before assuming anything.

If you are being offered a $49 voucher when you renew your Plus membership it usually means you have to pay for the membership and then you get the voucher code to use in the future.  It does not mean you don't actually pay for the membership.

That would be exactly how I would expect it to work too, Lyndal. Every scheme I have ever seen anywhere that offers vouchers etc when you join, does not actually let you use that voucher to pay for the membership itself.

So if it costs $49 to join & you get a voucher, I am sure it is a $49 voucher to spend on ebay.

Having said that, I suppose members might see it as virtually free because of that. It will depend though on a couple of factors. Firstly, they have to find things they want to buy with the voucher in the time frame available (which is probably not that difficult) but second, they have to remember they have the voucher & use it. Ebay would know very well that there will be a certain percentage of people who will forget all about it. I've been shocked at times at the number of my friends who have let vouchers and gift cards lapse, even knowing they had them!

It does sound like a very reasonable deal from ebay though, assuming a person was interested in a range of the ebay plus items.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

ebay plus promo

Look at the T&C's because your voucher of $49 might mean you need to spend a minimum of $100 for example.

image host
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply