feed back was removed without being notified

kau5622
Community Member

Once eBay removed a feed back it cannot be reinstated. Is this true?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

eBay do not require to notify members of feedback removal especially if it contravene's the rules.

e.g. Mention of a case, bad language or untrue.

It can be appealled but I have never heard of it being reinstated in more than 10 years.

image host
Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

What if it's an unfair removal? especialy when fb was a neutral and just stating the facts.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

You could call eBay and try but I think you are wasting your time.

The seller may have said something to eBay which was convincing enough for it's removal.

I think in these cases eBay prefers to err on the side of doubt and removing it means no one is hurt.

If the seller then received similar feedback or complaints in the future, then eBay may see the pattern and decide to not remove future feedback or restrict the seller.

Personally I would forget it and move on.

image host
Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

Am I too naive to trust the fb system?
Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Thank you kopenhagen5. I guess I have no other choice but do exactly that. But lost fate in the system.
Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Kopes, I have had feedback reinstated after the seller had it removed....TWICE.

It stayed after it was reinstated the second time, much to the seller's annoyance.

OP, if you are sure the feedback does not contravene the rules I would definitely contact ebay and ask why it was removed....tell them you would like it reinstated.

There has been a thread running on the boards about sellers whoseem to be able to get bad feedback removed whenever they want to.

It certainly makes a mockery of the whole system.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

How about when the OP of this thread had their fb removed and reinstated about 4 or 5 times?

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/What-to-do-when-feedback-keeps-being-removed/m-p/2126788#M86...

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

That was one of the threads I was referring to Stawks.....certainly the most recent one.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

I could never understand all this  endless talk about about f/back!

Why would people even care about it beats me.

I shop mostly on the sites where there is no f/back at all and manage quite fine, and on Ebay I don't even bother looking at the people's f/back - just look  at the items I like or need.

No matter what Ebay people do with f/backs (removing them and for what reasons), I would be much more sceptical of the  bad f/backs left by customers,  they are not to be trusted at the best of time.

Mostly lies,  self gratification, wielding of this "power" over sellers - not to mention tthe drama if their f/back gets removed!

It's always "how dare they remove MY f/back, like my opinion doesn't count, like I am not a person"  but people should know that no one gives a hoot about their opinion anyway as it's always tainted and has no bearing on  anything else except revenge of some sort.

How can anyone belive that carp I'll never know

lyndal, you are 100% correct - fback is a mockery.

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply