has any one been riped off for over $100 with postage cost from thai sellers

n61
Community Member

was charged $147.46 AUD for parcel to be posted from thailand only to find the postage on the box was only around $37.00 AUD tried to get refund on postage as recomended by Ebay this sell has a couple of Ebay stores he has not supplied refund as yet

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: has any one been riped off for over $100 with postage cost from thai sellers

Problem is you agreed to the costs on purchase.

The time to querie postage costs is before buying.

I would message the seller and inform them that you would like to keep buying from their stores but want a part refund of postage before buying again.

Very difficult to enforce O.S. seller to action.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Re: has any one been riped off for over $100 with postage cost from thai sellers

Did query postage cost in the begining took his word what is postage cost only to find out when parcel arrived the postage cost was much less.

Have tried to do another purchase and he still wants to charge inflated postage cost

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Obviously he wanted a certain amount in total for the item so if the postage was only $47.46 the item price would probably be $100 more. I don't ever look to see how much the postage is, I have got the item safely delivered for a total price I agreed to so cost of individual components is immaterial.

You have not been ripped off, you got exactly what

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

You can leave low feedback stars based on being charged above actual postage though.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Any time postage is more than $20-40 from Asia it should ring alarm bells though.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply