how to give feedback on an item eBay has removed

how to give feedback on an item eBay has removed, Item took a long time to arrive eBay in their infine wisdom deleted the item from my purchases how can I leave feed back ?Their 60 day turn around is far too quick in this covid time and should be extended.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: how to give feedback on an item eBay has removed

@katistrophik wrote:

Not replying to you personally 4chan, just too lazy to go to the OP.

On another thread digi mentions sellers are not complaining about FB times, only buyers at this point, and I agree.

I think the main reason sellers don't care about the FB time is because most of the sellers affected by COVID delivery times are in China, and are by and far LARGE sellers > for example a negative FB for late delivery would impact them very minimally as thier FB ratings are already so high.

So I admit I wonder how genuine the buyers who are complaining about not long enough to leave 'positive' FB are most likely peeved because they can't leave NEG feedback, as too many use feedback as a complaint system, rather than what it was designed for.

Just my opinion, nothing else.

Hmmm, your first time here? Usually you're in Community Spirit forum.

Most  people concerned about the feedback time are people who want to leave positive and in the minority of instances, neutral or negative.

For me, I like to reward good sellers with good fweedback. It is important to me. Ansd as I mentioned, I often get a paper slip in my parcel which asks for positive feedback to be left , "We rely on positive feedback to help is in our trading"  etc..

Either you have feedback or you don't!

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

I suspect katistrophic knows more about the workings of ebay than her feedback would lead us to believe....and there is no reason that posters have to stick to CS in preference to the Buying and Selling boards.

It has been my experience that the main members who are concerned about being unable to leave feedback are those wanting to leave negatives or neutrals.....in other words, payback feedback is more important than a pat on the back.

Early last year I bought 5 items, supposedly located in Australia but I strongly suspected they would arrive from China and take longer than expected (The mail was just starting to slow down due to Covid).  Three of the items arrived in 11 days and the sellers got positive feedback.  The other 2, as I suspected, did not arrive in time for feedback to be left but I just waited.  They were not very expensive so I did not go for the ebay MBG either.   With just 10 days before the expiry of the paypal claim time my 2 items arrived safely and according to the postmark they were posted the day I bought them.

Despite the fact that they were late there is no way I would have left bad feedback, even if I could.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

For me, I like to reward good sellers with good fweedback. It is important to me.

I have to ask....Smiley Embarassed Why? There are multiple ways you can reward a seller for a job well done, or whatever premise you're using as a basis for reward. 

The way you have framed this comment, strongly suggests that it's still something you want for yourself, that it satisfies something for you more than it provides the seller with something, and I think if you asked the majority of sellers how they feel about feedback being characterised as a reward, few would have a positive reaction to that. (That may be, of course, because it implies that a negative / neutral feedback is a punishment, and both concepts are antithetical to what the feedback system was designed for, but highly representative of what it's often used for, much to the chagrin of the majority of sellers). 

You speak this way fairly often, such as when you suggest that feedback is a way to keep (certain) sellers "in line". 

It's kinda offensive and condescending, TBH. 

But, I'm also not a fan of the practice of sellers putting marketing material in with packages asking for FB, never have liked that in any capacity. And, you have to recognise it's marketing, it's telling you a story to get a preferred result. You'll notice that they don't ask for honest feedback, they specifically ask for positive feedback - this isn't because getting feedback is important to them, it's because they want to avoid getting negative feedback, and that's not the same thing as feedback itself being important to a seller. 

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Just read the feedback in the link, funniest thing I have seen in a while, honestly tears running down my face from laughing, thanks twyn

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I suspect katistrophic knows more about the workings of ebay than her feedback would lead us to believe....and there is no reason that posters have to stick to CS in preference to the Buying and Selling boards.

Thanks Lyndal, yeah I was a seller years ago and frequented the boards a fair it, found myself here because there are very few posts in the Answer Centre these days, seems to be more enlightening here.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Smiley LOL As soon as you mentioned NOTM and NOTY I knew I was right.Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply