how to give feedback on an item eBay has removed

how to give feedback on an item eBay has removed, Item took a long time to arrive eBay in their infine wisdom deleted the item from my purchases how can I leave feed back ?Their 60 day turn around is far too quick in this covid time and should be extended.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Feedback can only be left for 60 days.....after that it is not possible.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

@deadbbaron wrote:

how to give feedback on an item eBay has removed, Item took a long time to arrive eBay in their infine wisdom deleted the item from my purchases how can I leave feed back ?Their 60 day turn around is far too quick in this covid time and should be extended.

Hi deadbbaron, yes indeed the feedback should be extended. Actually, it should be brought back to its 90 days. This is what it used to be. Yes,  even at the best of times you can be pushing it when dealing with a difficult seller. There are a few other good reasons as well.

Good post by the way.

Feedback time too short for buyers

on โ€Ž11-26-2020 10:12 AM

fa1r1e
(548 )

Community Member

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Feedback-time-too-short-for-buyers/m-p/2369537/highlight/tru...

========================

why does ebay feedback often close before a delivery has been made

shatojak1
(148 )

Community Member

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/why-does-ebay-feedback-often-close-before-a-delivery-has-bee...

========================

With Corona affecting postage Ebay should go back to 3 months time to leave feedback instead of 2

on โ€Ž05-25-2020 11:55 AM

4channel
(721 )
View Listings
Community Member

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/With-Corona-affecting-postage-Ebay-should-go-back-to-3-month...

========================

Time frame to leave feedback

on โ€Ž03-25-2018 10:43 AM

papermoon.lady
(583 )
Community Member

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Time-frame-to-leave-feedback/m-p/2140603/highlight/true#M882...

It needs to be restored to 90 says at the least.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

pfffttt.jpg

It would help if you used Australian dates, given you claim to be in Australia.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

@deadbbaron wrote:

i think thats a good point and you should have longer  to leave feedbacks..especialy  on the overseas items that longer to arrive

60 DAYS IS NOT ENOUGH

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I buy for goods, not to leave revenge on the seller.

Especially in COVID times, when the seller, if you're mug enough to buy from overseas, has probably done nothing wrong.

The majority of buyers seem to buy for goods. My last 4 sales have been to buyers who have received feedback, but never left any. Says something about the average buyer. Or else something about the 2? serial posters who want feedback timeframes extended to 90 days. Who would then want it externded to 120 days... if eBay reverted. Which is unlikely.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I don't see any suggestion in leaving revenge FB in dvd.horder's post. Why bring that up?

@davewil1964 wrote:

Especially in COVID times, when the seller, if you're mug enough to buy from overseas, has probably done nothing wrong.

Some people want that special item. Often it's only available overseas.  Yes, the seller probably has never done anything wrong due to lat items. Poster dvd.horder is just talking about the time being too short. Nothing more!

@davewil1964 wrote:

The majority of buyers seem to buy for goods. My last 4 sales have been to buyers who have received feedback, but never left any. Says something about the average buyer.

Well, if your 4 last buyers didn't leave FB then they didn't.  This has nothing really to do with the issue more time for FB to be left.

@davewil1964 wrote:

Or else something about the 2? serial posters who want feedback timeframes extended to 90 days. Who would then want it externded to 120 days... if eBay reverted. Which is unlikely.

Yes there are 2 !! posters here who have posted on this thread. Well, dvd.horder happens to agree with the OP and possibly with me on another thread of the same issue. Calling him serial is misleading. Yes, I am vocal about this issue. Nothing wrong in that!

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

The majority of buyers seem to buy for goods. My last 4 sales have been to buyers who have received feedback, but never left any. Says something about the average buyer. Or else something about the 2? serial posters who want feedback timeframes extended to 90 days. Who would then want it externded to 120 days... if eBay reverted. Which is unlikely.

I think the majority of people buy for goods and feedback is just a side event.

It's a funny thing though, feedback.

Some people just aren't interested in it, they wouldn't bother giving it even if something arrived by special delivery in 30 minutes flat.

Others only seem to bother if they have a gripe.

But there is a genuine third group, I don't know, maybe we're the OCD group Smiley Happy, but the transaction doesn't seem quite completed till we give and receive feedback. It's not the end of the world if we don't get it but we like to leave it, especially for a good seller who has gone out of their way to help us.

I don't know that extending feedback time to 90 days would make all that much difference. Those who don't give it at all would still not give it but for the occasional item held up in international post, it might help. I wouldn't think all of it would be revenge feedback, or I hope not.

I don't buy international often but I know when I bought my sourdough starter, I was hoping it would arrive in time so I could give a positive to the seller. I probably would have jumped in even if it hadn't arrived but as it was, it did arrive right near the end.

The only reason I see feedback as any use is sometimes it can be good to look for trends with a seller and if there seem to be any recurring issues. Likewise, if all seems overall pretty good, it gives you that bit of confidence to buy from them.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@deadbbaron wrote:

In your case as well as many others, the ability to  leave feedback is important. A good seller with good feedback can help with making a choice as whether to buy from this seller or not.Looking at the history of a seller with a high amount of neutrals or negatives can help the buyer as well in being cautious. The buyer will have a better chance at making that decision.

With the long time it took for your item to arrive, you have been denied the opportunity for fairly rate that seller. Following buyers rely on feedback. Also a tool for leverage has been taken away from you. Remember, it is feedback that keeps many sellers in line. Often in my parcel, I get a slip of paper or a card asking me to leave positive feedback please.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Not replying to you personally 4chan, just too lazy to go to the OP.

On another thread digi mentions sellers are not complaining about FB times, only buyers at this point, and I agree.

I think the main reason sellers don't care about the FB time is because most of the sellers affected by COVID delivery times are in China, and are by and far LARGE sellers > for example a negative FB for late delivery would impact them very minimally as thier FB ratings are already so high.

So I admit I wonder how genuine the buyers who are complaining about not long enough to leave 'positive' FB are most likely peeved because they can't leave NEG feedback, as too many use feedback as a complaint system, rather than what it was designed for.

Just my opinion, nothing else.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply