i have a po box.

when i commit to buy some sellers tell me they do not ship to po boxes they should tell you before commiting & no i.m not contacting the seller, i just move on to the next seller .what do they want, the money & then not send you the item ,good luck (marco)

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: i have a po box.

@ambercat16 wrote:

I don't think that is very fair.  If the buyer did not know of the PO box restriction until he committed to buy - and I think that is what he is complaining about, that there was no mention of the restriction until he was past the commit to buy page - then I can understand that he might need to back out of the transaction. Some people do not have postal delivery to their residence and rely on PO boxes.

If a seller does not post to PO boxes for whatever reason, the buyer needs to know before they get to the commit to buy page.

As I have pointed out the restriction can be over ridden in paypal before checkout, the buyer needs to inform himself of the correct procedures.

What I have issue with is a new member who has no experience, deciding for themselves that they will just leave the seller hanging, no contact to advise the problem, no request to cancel the sale, just move on.........

Which is why this member will not have much buying power on eBay very soon. Sellers such as myself have blocks in place for non payers that restrict them from bidding or buying from them, and by the sound of this OP's attitude, they will already be on most of them.

No doubt the next issue we will hear about will be "Why can't I buy this item on eBay?"

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Why don't people want to send to PO boxes?

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

There are many reasons why sellers will not deliver to PO Boxes but the most common one is that couriers cannot deliver to PO Boxes.  If a seller uses a courier for some items they will often make a blanket ban on delivering anything to a PO Box.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply