i have a po box.

when i commit to buy some sellers tell me they do not ship to po boxes they should tell you before commiting & no i.m not contacting the seller, i just move on to the next seller .what do they want, the money & then not send you the item ,good luck (marco)

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: i have a po box.

Not everyone uses Australia Post.

Ideally they should enabled the PO BOX block option (though some BUYERS do try and get around that too...)

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

You are right, all sellers should have in the listing they don't send to PO boxes if they don't.

Look at description and most sellers will state it there.

It's usually if they use couriers and couriers won't deliver to PO boxes.

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

@jone-barri wrote:

when i commit to buy some sellers tell me they do not ship to po boxes they should tell you before commiting & no i.m not contacting the seller, i just move on to the next seller .what do they want, the money & then not send you the item ,good luck (marco)

It is not always the seller that sets the PO restriction, I have had paypal try to force me to list a physical address for even a small item, I just over ride it in the delivery address in my pp account before checking out - it is not rocket science.

Also, try to remember, PO Boxes can not be used for overly large itmes as AP has a size restriction, and couriers can not deliver to PO's, for the most part.

Good to know though that you have committed to buy and not paid (more than once by the sound of it) .............

so good luck with that and welcome to my BBL.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I don't think that is very fair.  If the buyer did not know of the PO box restriction until he committed to buy - and I think that is what he is complaining about, that there was no mention of the restriction until he was past the commit to buy page - then I can understand that he might need to back out of the transaction. Some people do not have postal delivery to their residence and rely on PO boxes.

If a seller does not post to PO boxes for whatever reason, the buyer needs to know before they get to the commit to buy page.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I had a PO box in the past because AP did not provide roadside delivery to my address.

If the reason for the seller not delivering to the PO box was because they were using a courier, well great, because a courier would happily deliver to my street address.

If it was for other reasons (I think some sellers are concerned about fraud with PO boxes) then I could still give my street address and the item would turn up at the PO anyway.  This mostly happened with big online retailers like Myer.

Otherwise I've given the street address of the PO.

I guess this worked because my PO knew me well and would card the correct box.  Your situation might be a bit different.

Maybe communicating with sellers about delivering to your PO box might help, if they don't have blocks in place.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

A lot of my buyers have PO Boxes and I have no problem with that - but I have noticed that they also show their street address at the same time - I always use the PO Box - Sandra 🙂
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I just wish the title was P.O. Box     ^^^^

Spoiler
I keep reading 'poo'
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

lololol

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Also, try to remember, PO Boxes can not be used for overly large itmes as AP has a size restriction, and couriers can not deliver to PO's, for the most part.

I have a post office box, parcels that meet Aust Posts size/weight limits can be delivered to PO Boxes,  the same as to a street address.

I got very Woman Mad when I ordered some stationery (non ebay seller) and after a week never got a confirmation of sending email. I emailed them and they said we don't send to PO Boxes.. never let me know there was a problem and it was not stated anywhere on their website that parcels can't be sent to PO Boxes.I cancelled the order and it took 1 month to get my money back. They kept saying we have to process the return... but I never got sent anything to return!

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply