misleading descriptions malachite bottles

Hello, I need to let people know that there is a heap of listings for 'malachite' (it's not malachite, it's green glass) perfume bottles that are being sold by heaps of sellers and described as unique, antique, art deco, found in estates, found wrapped in old paper blah blah.

They are just mass produced green glass bottles that look nice, but are not the least unique or antique. But the descriptions on many of the sites hosting them are extremely misleading. The average Jo would not know better.

They are new things. They don't deserve to be more than a few dollars each. Eg this listing:

Pair of Jade Malachite Glass Art Deco Perfume Bottles, circa 1920's

Look it up. You will see how it's described.

I say, this is fraudulence. 

Why does eBay allow fraudulent, misleading descriptions? Why is there no section where we can report such fraudulent advertising?

When you click on Report Item, it's all just about other aspects. There seems to be nothing we can do. I say, this is WRONG.

Beware, people. Don't believe these 'malachite' 'vintage' bottle listings.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: misleading descriptions malachite bottles

Thanks all for having my back and understanding the post for what it was.

As for the OP's remarks, I have re-read my post and still can't see where the attack lies.

Perhaps a lack of sugar coating it is the problem.

Then again with a name that contains fetish, way too extreme for my liking.

I'll just............images.png...........and see you elsewhere in community.

image host
Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Definitely must have put their nose out of joint Kopes, this wasn't the only thread where you were denigrated...............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Oh yes, I realise now.

Appears she wasn't pleased being pulled up for abusing someone unnecessarily.

Hadn't even seen the response over there and didn't remember the other thread.

Maybe got her threads mixed up.

Any rain over yonder ? We often get what you had .

We are having non stop drissle after such a dry spell.

image host
Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Had a bit of rain last week Kopes, but we'll need a lot more before it starts flowing into the depleted dams. I may have to sink a bore down the bottom of the property and slot in a 40,000 litre water tank to top up - I'd need to fill the tank before transferring the water up to the top dam.....................more expense, sigh...................

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

The life of a gentleman farmer.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

@davewil1964wrote:

The life of a gentleman farmer.

Yep, gotta reroof a 50 mtr X 30 mtr Gable-roof packing shed soon as well - that'll really cause havoc with the bank balance..............

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Maybe you could start selling on eBay to help with expenses?

We've got a 20,000L and a 10,000L tank and both are empty. They mainly run the washing machine and water the vege garden. Went back on town water last weekend. I haven't seen it this bad for years. Going into winter in declared drought is not good.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes*wrote:

Maybe you could start selling on eBay to help with expenses?

If the conditions for sellers were what they were 6 - 8 years ago I'd jump in and do it, but with the way the playing field is at the moment I'm really not at all certain if I want to risk it Tippy. 

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

The word "antique" is a loose word. Saying that an item is antique when it is from, say, 1990 (heck, 2017!), is not a crime whatsoever. In general, the word "antique" refers to items over 100 years old, but I have seen many auction houses putting "antique" in the description of items not older than 30-40 years. And some of these are reputable auction houses.

Putting an actual year or era in the description is another matter, especially if there is no preceding words like "estimate", etc.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply