misleading prices

I tried to report these items to ebay, but it had no category that suited.  The seller has usb charging cables with the price $1 - but when you check through all the colour options the are ALL $4.49 - not a single one of them can be bought for a $1??  

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

misleading prices

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is no category to report it in because there is nothing wrong with the listing.

Ebay allows choice listings where the price varies with size, colour etc.

Are you sure there is not one item available at $1 in that listing?  Perhaps a colour that may be showing as out of stock now?

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

misleading prices

imastawka
Honored Contributor

The length of cable changes the price

Mind you,  I wouldn't risk anyhting on a chinese cable worth $1

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

misleading prices

This is becoming a widespread practise to mislead buyers into looking at listings inappropriately.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

misleading prices

I see this all the time.

They group a relatively unrelated and very cheap item with a majority of items which is the key subject of the title.

The report I'd go with is "Search and Browser Manipulation". But I barely bother reporting stuff, eBay generally ignore reports.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

misleading prices

@mbeaumont7 wrote:

I see this all the time.

They group a relatively unrelated and very cheap item with a majority of items which is the key subject of the title.

The report I'd go with is "Search and Browser Manipulation". But I barely bother reporting stuff, eBay generally ignore reports.

I've learned to do exactly the same as eBay and when I see any of those "choice" listings I just ignore them

and scroll straight past them,(they are a waste of time checking and there are always other items available).

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

misleading prices

28.eddie
Community Member
Yeah this is really annoying!!!
Trying to buy a simple cable at the price advertised takes forever because of all these misleading sellers!
Why can't they at least put the very minimum you will have to pay as the listing price!
At least if theres a multi choice you would know the minimum you expect to pay!
But listing things for $1 when they have nothing for sale at that price is plain deception
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

misleading prices

There are many newer threads than this one you could have posted on. If you really felt the need to post at all. After all, you are obviously not posting a solution, and if you read the relevant threads you will have the best guess solutions to the problem.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

misleading prices

lots of stores do the same thing, show a $1 price with no options selected, then as soon as you select a size or colour, the true price (5 for example) is displayed
or.... the first item in the list is $1 and is out of stock... (just listed 12 minutes ago!)
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

misleading prices

Again you are choosing to take me to task for an answer on a nearly 4 year old thread.

The choice listings are quite legal and there is very little that ebay AU can do when the Chinese sellers misuse it.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply